Nate Diaz has become overrated as hell and it plays right into Conor and the UFC's hands

Looking at a fighters record is decieving. Nate can beat plenty of the top lw's on any given day.
Any of the top wrestlers would tie him in a knot. RDA almost crippled him and Barbosa would. nah #5-6 is appropriate.

I am a fan but not to fault. Nate just can't deal with lay and prey or guys who wont box him.

That's not the way it works. Styles make fights, not imaginary tiers of quality and talent.
Styles make fights but championship level fighters should beat anyone of Diaz's level even if he is a good match-up for them.

Look at Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen was roided to the gills and a terrible match-up for him but he still choked out his ass and then in the next fight kneed him into oblivion.

And you know they have to boost Nate's ranking to make Conor's loss not as bad looking for appearances sake for the casuals

Who is they? The UFC do not decide the rankings. They're voted on by the MMA media.

What?.. It's the people that are anti-Conor saying Diaz is so much better and Conor can't win.
It's a bit of both IMO. Conor fans want Diaz to look better than he is so its not embarrassing for Conor losing and Diaz fans want him to seem better than he is because they're, well, fans.

True story. The Conor fans have turned Diaz into an 8 foot tall robot programmed to enslave humans. Reality is he's a true veteran with great skills and grit, but he's not more than that.
Lol boy stop bullshitting. Nate's fans have turned him into this terminator that destroys all. Not conor fans.

Who is they? The UFC do not decide the rankings. They're voted on by the MMA media.

It wouldn't surprise me if they influenced that somehow or even disrgarded it TBH

When the first match-up was announced, everyone rightfully said this was a BS fight and Diaz did not deserve it.
Not only was Diaz on vacation while McGregor had been training for months in various locations, but it was at a time when Nate was only 2-3 in his last 5-fights and barely hanging on to a top-10 ranking after beating Micheal Johnson.

Now all over the media and greater Sherdog area, I see Diaz being hailed as some top-5 fighter who is going to destroy Conor again, this is exactly what the UFC wanted, now what should have been seen as a generally lame-duck opponent for a reigning champion becomes a heroic victory for Conor, with a likely trilogy in the making no less.

But, when you look at the facts Diaz is a mediocre fighter who is basically a perennial gatekeeper, and if Conor really is a championship level fighter he should dispatch him with ease.

Let's look at his last 5 fights before Conor:

W - Micheal Johnson - Coming of a lame loss to Beneil Dariush, but easily his best win of the bunch. Ranked in the top-15.

L - RDA - Absolutely embarrassed Diaz, probably one of the most one-sided fights in history, Diaz also didn't even bother to make weight.

W - Maynard - Coming off a vicious KO loss, in the middle of the downturn of his career, unranked.

L - Josh Thompson - Coming off a loss and Josh's only victory in his UFC stint and he clobbered Diaz, lost 3-straight afterwards and went to Bellator, unranked

L - Ben Henderson - One of the most one-sided title fights in history, Diaz offered no offense and got beatdown for 5-rounds.

In short, Diaz hasn't beaten anyone coming off a victory before Conor since 2012, he's only had one top-15 victory in that time span, and he has lost to guys who did absolutely nothing in the UFC like Thompson.

Yet when Conor goes in and beats him like he should have in the first place, the UFC/Conor and all his fans are going to act like he took down a top-5 world beater. If Conor does lose again I say that speaks more to his legacy as a fighter than it does Nate Diaz and if he gets a title shot he'll be promptly beatdown again by Alvarez, Woodley, or whoever is champion at the time.

Don't buy the narrative, Diaz-Conor is still a lame match-up that reminds me of when Anderson Silva went up and fought gatekeepers at 205, it should be an easy victory.

Yeah but Nate still whipped Conor on 11 days notice though.

Styles make fights but championship level fighters should beat anyone of Diaz's level even if he is a good match-up for them.

Look at Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen was roided to the gills and a terrible match-up for him but he still choked out his ass and then in the next fight kneed him into oblivion.

Chael should have won that first fight, he gave Anderson that triangle.

Even though he fucked up with the spinning attempt in the 2nd fight I felt Anderson was clearly in the ascendency.

Anderson Silva is your standard for a championship level fighter? that's harsh lol

Conor beat bums to be where he is right now. Nate has faced much higher competition.

It wouldn't surprise me if they influenced that somehow or even disrgarded it TBH

I'm sure there are ways to see the individual votes.

I remember Dana going off at them at how low Chael was ranked at 185 when he was fighting at 205.

I'm sure there are ways to see the individual votes.

I remember Dana going off at them at how low Chael was ranked at 185 when he was fighting at 205.

You could be right and I'm just wearing a tinfoil hat, but there's alot about the UFC I find sketchy so I dunno.

your premise is wrong, conor beating nate, thats why the rest of your drivel is irrelevant

It's a bit of both IMO. Conor fans want Diaz to look better than he is so its not embarrassing for Conor losing and Diaz fans want him to seem better than he is because they're, well, fans.

Conor fans just want Conor to win.

I think people do play Nate down though, he was clearly unmotivated in some of those recent losses.

If you look at his performance vs MJ, he was in far better shape, checked legs kicks etc.

You could be right and I'm just wearing a tinfoil hat, but there's alot about the UFC I find sketchy so I dunno.
I don't even believe that conspiracy stuff but rankings I am almost 100% sure they manipulate.

They already do by deciding the list of fighters writers can pick from. That's why guys randomly dissapear from the rankings like Jones, they just decide you can't add Jones to your ballot anymore.

Do you understand if someone is standing and striking with you it's your own fault if you get owned? Not someone "scared of boxing" with you?

BTW Thompson scored more significant strikes both rounds, Diaz is the one who tried to get it the ground in the 2nd when he realized he was getting lit up and took down Thompson.

Who the hell said anything about being scared? Do you understand that Strikes does not equal boxing.

Overrated Threads are Overrated

& who exactly overrating Nate? No one said he's gunna be champ or he's p4p bound

"But but but he lost to Josh" as if Josh is some type of bum

Weidman was Silva's real worst possible matchup and look how that ended.
Eh Anderson was old as fuck dude, that fight was 3-years after the original roided Sonnen fight where I think Silva started to decline.

Back