Nate Diaz has 11 submissions.

Enders

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How are his takedowns? If he's not destroyed in the first round, it seems like subbing Conor would be a great strategy.

He won't take McGregor down.

He subs people when he gets taken down.

He has almost no fast twitch muscle.

But he hasnt had one in nearly 4 years. Does he still train under Cesar?

It a huge possibility. I hope he's smart enough to try and get Conor down. I don't see it, though. Nate is just the type of guy that would want to prove something standing.

Normally he flips it on someone when they go for the TD and get it to the ground. I have seen him do a few trips or a bodylock throw (even take a back while standing) but I have never seen him shoot. At least that I can remember. He will probably have trouble initiating getting it to the ground.

Jake Shields and Roger Gracie are lacking fast twitch muscle. It's not something that seems to be needed to get takedowns.

Jake Shields and Roger Gracie are lacking fast twitch muscle. It's not something that seems to be needed to get takedowns.
That's very, very true. You could probably add Maia to that list. Maybe Fitch.

But I just don't see Diaz going for a takedown.

well...i think everyone thinks (including me) that Conor and Nate are gona stand and bang...coz that is what they always do...but I would not be surprised of Nate brought the fight to the ground...remember alvarez vs pettis....everyone thought it was gonna be a striking barnburner...and eddie groundfucked pettis to get the decision

That's very, very true. You could probably add Maia to that list. Maybe Fitch.

But I just don't see Diaz going for a takedown.
Maia's lateral to triangle on Chael was absolutely beautiful. Masterful transition

Conor could knock him down and get caught in a sub going in for the finish.

Nate has some decent judo trips up against the cage too.

His best shot, especially on short notice is to catch McG in some sort of sub.

no.gif

He also has about 11 days to train and get in halfway decent fight ship.

In other words: Not happening

His trips and sweeps in clinches are decent. You will never see him shoot a successful double leg or single leg though. If he can get Conor against the fence he does have good trips and some judo throws but since Conor is never getting backed up I don't see this happening. If diaz tries to clinch in the middle of the cage with Conor he is likely to get tagged while entering that space.

Back