Nate Diaz had all the skills to be champ. Even a long time champ.

He absolutely did not lol and neither did Nick

This was proven when they had their title shots and were absolutely dominated

He absolutely did not lol and neither did Nick

This was proven when they had their title shots and were absolutely dominated
If Nick was dominated then why GSP didn't finish him? His fans would go crazy from joy.
Let's see what you'll pull out from your hat.

Diaz boys lack wrestling or more precise take down defense.

That is tough to overcome with judges in 3 and 5 round fights which is how they lost many matches and cried about people humping them basically.

Nick was always a little better. He had a better chance but was in a division with GSP.

Nate i guess does have a chance. He can catch anybody and drag them into a slugfest.

He gets mauled by anyone with basic wrestling and sub defense and can't for the life of him learn to check leg kicks, he was never getting pass RDA.

Diaz boys lack wrestling or more precise take down defense.

That is tough to overcome with judges in 3 and 5 round fights which is how they lost many matches and cried about people humping them basically.

Besides wrestling I think the Diaz brothers really lack top level footwork. I don't actually think that there lack of lowkick defence need to THAT big an issue given how long there reaches are if only there movement were better, closing opponents down and some lateral work rather than just slowly stalking everyone.

Both that and wrestling mean there often not in control of what kind of fight their in and that's never a good situation to be in. Honestly Nick going 11 fights unbeaten against mostly strong comp fighting that way is one of the more freakish achievements in MMA IMHO.

Probably not. He is way to slow

He could have been champ. He was coming into his own in the Conor/MJ fights and then decided not to fight out his prime. Nobody has the boxing, jitz, length and chin Diaz brings at LW. Dustin Poirier became interim champ, does anybody think Diaz doesn't have a chance against DP?

Lol the guy has been dominated by multiple guy's and it had nothing to do with his game plan

This thread makes no damn sense at all. If what TS says is true then you can say this about 20 LW's in the last 10 years but there have been like only about 6 or 7 LW champs in the last 10 years.

I guess you can say the same about Thiago Silva at LHW, Chael at MW and more examples like this....

From an objective standpoint, I tend to agree. Stylistically, I felt him to be a nightmare match up for Henderson. I felt that he had a clear advantage on the feet and on the ground, despite Benson's strong positional control, has always been somewhat susceptible to high level grapplers. He fought with virtually no gameplan and got beat soundly.

odd how bendo goes to a really close decision in most fights, yet he beat nate quite soundly

Nick was always a little better. He had a better chance but was in a division with GSP.

Nate i guess does have a chance. He can catch anybody and drag them into a slugfest.

Nick at his best is like, 5x the fighter Nate ever became. He is leagues better than Nate.

odd how bendo goes to a really close decision in most fights, yet he beat nate quite soundly

that's probably because Bendo was actually facing the best fighters in the world for the most part, so close fights happen.

Either Bendo became superman that night vs Nate, or Nate isn't that good.

Not athletic enough, no wrestling skills. Love Nate, but no.

No he didn't. The only time he could have a shot at winning the title is if the champ has a shitty ground game/top game. People have beat Nate the same way in most of his losses: lay and pray.

Maybe if Conor somehow wins the title, he could be the champion.

Back