Nate Diaz had all the skills to be champ. Even a long time champ.

About the "mental" part; Have UFC trying to do you dirty and see if you'll always have your mind where it's supposed to be. Remember the reason he first went to WW? Because he didn't want to cut weight for the pay he was getting.

Blaming Nick is just one of sherdog's many obessions. Probably because Nick wasn't "playing the game" and you were always afraid of the impact it'd have on Nate.

He shouldve used steroids, learned to wrassle and check leg kicks
Hey, I found someone honest enough on sherdog. The steroids part is always ignored by most sherdoggers. I'm glad he's not juicing though. Sure it adds up to a fighter's losses but at least you can feel better for not doing that crap.

People choose to ignore roiding when they like the fighter who did it. Diaz brothers had to deal with way stronger opponents in several fights.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that he beat McGregor, Cerrone and Maynard showed that he had the ability to be champion. If he would have beaten McGregor 6 months after he did he would have been champion.

Being a champion that holds the title for more than a couple of years is very rare, especially in the UFC.

Scotch and some bud right?

Only way this conversation starts.

1e400723242965e7c8d1d4d6bb4cf70bd493929abff004c9f81503ad3c81a3ae.jpg
The dude's done well for himself if he's retarded. What's your excuse?

The simple fact of the matter is that too many fighters have a relatively simple path to victory against Nate Diaz. There are a lot of elite fighters that he can beat, but there are too many fighters, both elite and not so much, that can beat him. He would need favorable matchups all the way to a hypothetical title shot, and even more so if he managed to win the belt.

Dude
Sorry but hes a b level striker who wins via cardio and an iron chin.

Dude
Sorry but hes a b level striker who wins via cardio and an iron chin.
B level striker? There aren't many who get legitimate praise from guys like Amir khan and Andre ward, Nate is one of them.

He has among the best boxing ability in mma

According to Khan, Nate held his own against a 175 pound world champion in boxing. Ande ward says they can both go pro if they wanted to

Nate Diaz is awesome. Screw the haters, that dude puts it up every time, and he's actually funny as hell if you catch him in a relaxed environment.

War Diaz!
It’s not about being hater, but having a grasp on reality. He is indeed a good fighter that can be awesome, but he lost a third of his fights and some delusional fanboys want to dismiss that.

Nope.. you can wrestle him, you can leg kick him, you can clinch him even lesser fighters can exploit one of those weakness and get a W.

Nate Diaz has lost to like 10 different wrestlers. This thread is an embarrassment.

couldn't check leg kicks
couldn't stuff a takedown
couldn't even cut guys off in the cage

diaz bros most overrated journeymen in MMA

He really dosen't though. He's too limited, with exploitable weaknesses. There's a reason both him and his brother had opportunities at belts in the UFC and neither came close to winning one. They're just too set in their ways, and what their idea of a real fight is.

Nonsense. He and his brother could only win when his opponent fought exactly the way he wanted. Then when behind, they would rather lose a decision and claim they were robbed rather than make adjustments and take risks that might get them finished. A lot of times they fought not to get finished.

Diaz bros are among the most overrated fighters ever.

I've always loved watching Nate Diaz fight. I'm not quite sure why, but I always enjoyed him more than Nick (and I love watching Nick fight). He has a fun style. Bullying in the stand-up and super slick BJJ

But his style is the complete OPPOSITE of a style built for a long championship reign. Guys like GSP, Jones, and Mighty Mouse are the prototypes for long reigns in the UFC. Great wrestling, solid striking with a focus on not absorbing damage, gameplanning, and being ok with cruising to a decision

Nate is almost the complete opposite. Almost no wrestling and a focus on going for finishes, so he spends many fights on his back. Having a beautiful ground game is no excuse for lacking defensive wrestling

Plus Nate is the one guy I would bet my life on that he never took PEDs. Most other champions in UFC history were on something, at least at one point in their careers

Besides the normal issues I think both Diaz brothers have always had the weakness that they need to be at mid range to box effectively, if someone gets close in with them they both offensively and defensively there much less impressive.

But he never put it together mentally. No game plan ever. Plus a brother he always listened to and should have NEVER listened to.
He doesn’t have the foot work bro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back