Nate Diaz guillotine & triangle chokes.

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nate has 4 submission wins via guillotine and 4 triangle choke wins... those are his go-to submissions.

Conor has 2 submission losses via arm-triangle choke and kneebar... pretty safe to say Conor is fucked if this fight hits the mat. No ground game whatsoever.

Conor has 2 submission losses via arm-triangle choke and kneebar... pretty safe to say Conor is fucked if this fight hits the mat. No ground game whatsoever.

That's like saying "Nate Diaz got ko'd twice, no stand up game whatsoever"

Also, Nate has also been submitted....so obviously he has no ground game either.

Nate has terrible take downs and Conor is a master at keeping distance when he needs to.

"No ground game whatsoever" yet he nullified Mendes' lnp attempts and escaped to his feet every time.

Either way TS you're right. It's over when Nate hits the ground.

there's no way it hits the mat though. nate's TDs are non-existent, as is his wrestling.

Nate has terrible take downs and Conor is a master at keeping distance when he needs to.

Nate has some really good sneaky hip tosses from the clinch.

Also Conor will eventually have to GnP Nate for the finish because you know Nates not going out cold. That alone could be dangerous. Nates guard is naasssssty.

People keep bringing up Nate has weak takedowns which is true but he has those flips that usually gets his opponents down so if that works then Conor is in trouble.

If this fight hits the mat Conor is in trouble. Nate is so much better there it's not even funny.

Big if though.

That's like saying "Nate Diaz got ko'd twice, no stand up game whatsoever"

Also, Nate has also been submitted....so obviously he has no ground game either.
Dowager%2Bgif.gif

The Diaz bros also have some sneaky roll-under leg attacks.

Nates best chance in this fight is to sub McG.

getting it to the ground is what Nate will be looking to do, whether via trip TD or Conor jumping into his guard after hurting him.

I don't see how this fight ever hits the ground. The only way it goes to the ground is when one of them gets KTFO. Or Nick pulls Connor ontop of him.

Also Conor will eventually have to GnP Nate for the finish because you know Nates not going out cold. That alone could be dangerous. Nates guard is naasssssty.

Can't argue with that!
Ps, I like your av and name!

"No ground game whatsoever" yet he nullified Mendes' lnp attempts and escaped to his feet every time.

Either way TS you're right. It's over when Nate hits the ground.

I don't really agree with TS, but let's not be ridiculous here. Conor "nullified" Mendes' gnp? How? By blocking elbows with his face and begging Herb for a stand up?

I think if nick can find his range quick and unload on him like he did cowboy, then he could get a trip or get conor's back and potentially win. But i think that will have to happen in first 2 rounds at most. beyond that i'm guess he'll get gassed and tko'd.
nate is the taller fighter, longer reach, so anything can happen.

Would be cool if he pretends to be hurt drops then snags conor in his guard, triangles him, farts, then fingers kavanagh, then blows dee a kiss.

Back