Nate Diaz being underestimated

Everything else aside, The Diaz bjj is very very slick and certainly well beyond Conor's level.

Crazy how people are underestimating Diaz. Everybody Diaz has fought is better than anybody McGregor has fought. Diaz took everything Rory McDonald had to give ,who is a much much bigger top ranked welterweight, and came right back at him, he out boxed former pro boxer welterweight Marcus Davis then submitted him, beat up Cerrone for 3 rounds, convincingly beat Johnson in his last fight, went the distance with Dos Anjos who destroyed Henderson and Cerrone (2 times) I know people will talk about Aldo and that was a great knockout, however, Aldo is 5 ft 6 145 lbs and would not be competitive in the lightweight let alone welterweight divisions (check out last round of Hominick fight)

You learn by your losses as a fighter more than by your wins. Diaz has fought with heart and lost against top welterweights and lightweights. Who has McGregor been tested by? Everybody McGregor has fought has been smaller than him. This is the first fight where McGregor will actually face a bigger, more experienced opponent. He may win, he has uncanny timing and accuracy with his punches and a winning mindset. Plus he has had a full camp which is a legit advantage. However,McGregor will be one of the least experienced smallest fighters Diaz has faced in his career.To dismiss Diaz so easily is to ignore reality. I may put some money on this one. Great odds.

Hoping for this-
Nate-diaz3.gif

Expecting this-
ClassicPoorHoneybee.gif
Nate doesnt have to worry about takedowns or clinches w mcgregor. Hes going to let his hands fly . Connor has to land some headkick to beat diaz, which i dont think he will.

Agreed (except that I favor Diaz) There are weight classes for a reason.

Although Conor is now a legit LW and Diaz can make LW…Diaz is the bigger fighter and there is a world of difference between LW and FW.

This is Gomi vs Nick Diaz all over again.

Conor will be Gomi (except he won't almost finish Nate) and Nate will be Nick.

I threw some cash on Diaz on 5dimes at +310

Quoting myself because I am better at predicting fights than McGregor

"This is Gomi vs Nick Diaz all over again"

(Can't brag too much honestly...I only broke even after losing a big bet on Anderson vs Bisping which I thought was almost a lock)

Thanks Diaz for getting me my money back that I lost on Anderson

Diaz has a decent ground game and some attitude.

That´s it. Nothing special.
I think he has a bit more than that. A hell of a chin, some unique but effective hands, and toughness. And his ground game is better than "decent".

Iron Man better come in here and apologize for being a dick.

Nate earned the win.

He's just so hard to like, with
all those middle fingers acting gangster.

It's more that Conner was being overestimated. The amount of threads and comments claiming that Mcgregor would go up to 155 and 170 and ko everybody was insane. Diaz looked great his last fight and with this victory people should finally give him the respect he deserves.

Back