Media Nate Diaz advice to Edwards after the the fight

Even though the Diaz brothers have massive attitudes/egos, they're both great sportsmen. If you listen to their post-fight interviews, they're almost always complimentary to their opponents. The only time I can think of when one of them wasn't was Nick after his fight with Cyborg. Personally, I'm not a fan of how they both have a hard time accepting losses, but I think that's part of their martial arts philosophy.
Lol what? Nate said Josh Thompson was scared and running after he finished Nate. Always complains when he gets smothered on the ground. Nick attacked Riggs at the hospital, said gsp won because he had spies in his camp. Refused to give Diego respect after losing.

Why are some of you guys sooooooooooooooooo salty?

"...only cause he beat Conor!"

Fuqqin hell...who gives a flying fuqq why Nate is who he has become?

Enjoy the fights or don't but shut the fuqq up with the bullchit.

Put some hespect on his name or keep it outta your mouth.

Nate is ours and we love him.

WAR NATE !

Both guys did each other a favor. Diaz stepped up when no one else would against Leon giving him a big name to showcase his skills and Leon gave Nate a close moment in the 5th to keep his "rep"

Leon had respect for Nate and it showed during the fight and after the fight.

Leon predicted basically everything: he said he had a better skill set, on every level, then Diaz ... but added that Diaz is "durable" and that you can never count him out.

That's basically, and precisely, what happened in this fight.

People act like Nate is an idiot, but he’s not. Sure, he may not be book smart in a lot of ways, but he sure as fuck knows the fight game. Sounds like he gave Leon some good advice.

Him and Nick arent idiots. They literally have made millions in there careers and have strong fanbases. They just dont play the game UFC wants them too. They carve there own path, it doesnt always work but for most part its been good for them

Let’s be real, the reason he gets paid so much is because he got famous from being the first person to beat Conor in the UFC. In the fight before that he was getting 20/20 with over 20 fights in the promotion..
Yep, if he lost to Conor he would have been back to 20k/20k or 50k/50k. Conor changed his bum life

Nate was underpaid relative to his name value pre-Connor as he had signed a stupid long term deal.

Nate and Nick have huge followings based on their fight style, personality, wins etc.

How many threads are there about the Diaz Bros compared to guys with comparable wins? They probably have more threads than RDA, Marquardt, Shields, Alvarez, Okami, Matt Brown, Arlovski, Volkanovski combined.

Both guys did each other a favor. Diaz stepped up when no one else would against Leon giving him a big name to showcase his skills and Leon gave Nate a close moment in the 5th to keep his "rep"

I don't think Leon gave that too him intentionally. That moment may end up derailing his opportunity to a title shot.

He's lucky Diaz has mediocre fight IQ. If Diaz would have swarmed him instead of pointing and showboating, he might have finished his ass. Of course, that's Nate's own fault and he can only blame himself. He doesn't seem to care though.

Note: not hating on Diaz at all. That was just a silly way to handle a potential fight winning situation. Who knows, maybe he's expecting Porier to decapitate Conor again and didn't want to win because then it would be hard to justify another fight with Conor. Those two would still pull in a million buys for a rematch easily even with no divisional stakes on the line. Hell, they can pretend it's an eliminator for a shot at the BMF belt again or some dumb shit :D

I was surprised at the respect by Nate towards Leon. I'm guessing Nate knows his back story or something. Leon and his brother grew up similarly to Nick and Nate. Crime ridden living conditions, running the streets, getting in trouble, saved by MMA. I think he sees the same type of guy as him and Nick.

I actually kind of liked how Nate acted during fight week. He seemed pretty respectful and normal. Raising his hands as the scores were read was a bit odd. But, other than that. I can’t complain.
He’s definitely matured throughout his UFC tenure. But he still seems to think he’s never lost a fight.

Nate is far from articulate but he knows what he's doing.
He knows how to use those street smarts to hustle (for fighter pay, weed endorsements, etc) and connect with the people. I think these guys are more articulate when they're just hanging around their homies. Nick and Nate were never good in front of a camera, but that's not what I watch them for anyway.

Nate Diaz was always my friend—obligatory

Nate being a father to these kids like he has been for years
Speaking of kids, it's hard not to like Nate after seeing how he treats kids wanting autographs and stuff. He even handed his joint off so the little tykes wouldn't get a contact high. lol

Funny how people want to give Diaz credit for that wisdom. Seriously, every fighter knows this. The difference is some fighters are bigger draws than other and they have a little more power in negotiations.

Diaz boys got famous for the I don't give a shit attitude. Nate really blew up after he beat Conor. Most fighters with Nate's record since 2012 won't even have a contract with the UFC at this point. He is able to get people to tune in and that is why he is able to play some hard ball against the UFC.

People act like Nate is an idiot, but he’s not. Sure, he may not be book smart in a lot of ways, but he sure as fuck knows the fight game. Sounds like he gave Leon some good advice.

I'm not sure about this. Seems Nate pissed away much of his prime money making years like his brother Nick. In the past 8 years, Nate has fought 8 times. He chooses to fight at a weight class that he cannot compete. He was a legit contender at 155. Yea, he lucked out when McGreggor chose him, other than that, I would say Nate's fight business acumen is low.

Funny how people want to give Diaz credit for that wisdom. Seriously, every fighter knows this. The difference is some fighters are bigger draws than other and they have a little more power in negotiations.

Diaz boys got famous for the I don't give a shit attitude. Nate really blew up after he beat Conor. Most fighters with Nate's record since 2012 won't even have a contract with the UFC at this point. He is able to get people to tune in and that is why he is able to play some hard ball against the UFC.
Yeah, but there's context to that. He's also fought nothing but top guys since 2012, which is different from "Most fighters with Nate's record...", as well as being an absolute Needle Mover. Even Dana admits that after initially saying he wasn't.

Good advice. Leon is elite and championship caliber, so he should get paid like it.

Back