Nate BEATS Khabib, am I the only one who thinks this?

I think a better thread would have been is TS the only one who thinks Nate even belongs to be in the same cage as Khabib on fight night?

Not, Rory outweighed Nate by about 25 pounds, Nate is bigger than Khabib.

It doesn't change the fact Khabib would bully the shit out of him in the clinch.

Nate gets whooped in this fight, at least as badly as he did against Bendo.

not sure how you think the Kabib wouldn't just hold him down. he'd get tagged standing, shoot, and hold him. Nate might threaten with a sub or a sweep but otherwise boring decision.

TS missed Diaz's fights with MacDonald and DHK. And Khabib is a better grappler than either of them.

im noticing everyone is writing off nate in other threads.
based on styles, I think nate beats khabib in a 5 round fight.

my reasons:
- nate a lot longer reach
- nate has the better standup imo and can pick khabib apart like he did cerrone
- nate has a better gas tank, can finish him in the later rounds
- has 5 rounds to find a submission as khabib will most likely get him to the ground
- leg kicks are key against a diaz... khabib doesnt throw to many of them
- khabib only has one predictable path to victory, lay n pray or wall n stall (imo), i doubt nate is even in danger the entire fight.

I hope this fight happens so i can put money down on nate as he will be a huge underdog. this is werdum vs cain all over again... I called that fight too... styles make fights.

who do you guys think wins this fight?

They just had a fight at WSOF and Nate whooped Eagle's ass.

Khabib would clearly be able to hold Nate down enough to squeak out 3 rounds on the cards despite constantly getting tagged in the striking and being threatened to tap while in Diaz's guard.

I don't think I have seen either of those things happen to Khabib. I think he's a pretty bad match up for Nate, he tends to land in good positions while taking guys down and Nate's TDD isn't that good, the Diaz brothers also tend to give up their backs for Kimuras all the time and Khabib will throw him and like fighting him from that position.

Khabib strikes well into the clinch and has a better clinch and much better wrestling and positioning than Nate. If the injury hasn't made him a much worse fighter I think he's a very bad match up for Nate stylistically.

Stats aren't everything but they do help, anyways, Nate absorbs almost 2/1 signification strikes compared to Khabib, they only include his UFC fights so the competition level is comparable but the sample size for Khabib is much smaller.

Khabib SApM: 1.59
http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/032cc3922d871c7f

Nate SApM: 3.06
http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/8355922d564b152c

Last edited:
Nate's best chance is probably by submission. He doesn't typically get flash knock outs, he has no chance of outwrestling Khabib.

It's an interesting fight though in that Nate may be able to work submission attempts. Khabib will flatten pretty much any contender at LW right now.

Pettis, I'd say his only chance is a flash KO,

RDA - He may be able to implement an effective game plan and stay on the outside of Khabib.

Honestly I think Nate's chances aren't much worse than those guys. Cerrone is the fight I kinda want to see against Khabib though, even if RDA is a tougher match up.

these diaz threads are all the same. "nick/nate diaz can beat this fighter based on things that happened 5-10 years ago." diaz nuthuggers need to face the fact that the diaz bros aren't the fighters they used to be. they are washed up. has-beens. no longer relevant.

and there is no "yeah but if they actually take the fight seriously." the hard truth is that things will never go back to the way the used to be.

TS, I agree that Nate can find a sub, but to me still is like 80-20 chances for Khabib.

Khabib is going to take that belt.

Can't beat the Caucasus.

Nate already beat him in a real fight

j/k

A serious and motivated Nate Diaz could beat him, but again he would have to actually start giving a shit about winning again. None of this walking off during an interview, acting like he don't care, only showing up for a paycheck bullshit. Current Diaz gets wrecked most likely, but still has a slight chance.

If he was serious about training and improving in MMA and actually practiced TDD and blocking/checking kicks, Nate could still be in the top 5 right now - I don't think he could ever be champion though. He has skills and has beaten alot of legit fighters, just needs to drop the ego and keep moving forward instead of stagnating and sitting around going nowhere.

khabib beat the current champ but he wont beat nate lol

Nate Diaz has won one fight in the past three years and his looked terrible in his other three recent fights. I am surprised anyone would pick him over top LWs at this point.

Say Khabib decided to stand with Nate, I'd take Nate all day, lets be real though, Nate is gonna get thrown around pretty good in this match up. Khabib's Sambo is very top level and his takedown offense is just stupid high. Nate will have to fight off his back and get that midway or late rd sub. Of course I'd prefer if the two were to stand and trade to the ko. To prove who the real fkng man is!

i bet your thought process is probably something like...
"khabib is the higher ranked fighter then nate and therefore I should just base my prediction off of that instead of actually trying to give reasons for why khabib beats diaz"

Khabib is stronger and I think the overall better grappler. Fight won't be on the feet long enough for Nate to do anything of significance.

How many times, and in which absolutely devasting fashion would the Diaz brothers have to lose for the diehard fans to say...."yeah he probably wouldn't win that fight".

Nate would have no chance.

Look at Kahlib's record and style, then watch Nate's last fight in which he was wrestlefucked by RDA.

Back