Nate BEATS Khabib, am I the only one who thinks this?

sure, xMaxPower, whatever makes you feel good. If you made a poll who would win Khabib or Nate, I would be part of the 95% that would pick Khabib, but yea its just because he is higher ranked. Its not like the best grappler in the division matches up favorably with a guy that has been hopelessly wrestlefucked the vast majority of his loses.

how old are you? if you are old enough to make a bet with your parents money, feel free to PM me if this fight ever somehow someway takes place. I'd feel good for about 5k Khabib decision win. We could use a a mod as a middle man.

ha.
ha.

based on the title of the thread "am i the only one who thinks this", implies that im already assuming that the majority would pick khabib. for some reason you act like im not aware of this.

most people probably will pick khabib... which is exactly why i made this thread, to make a bold prediction that nobody else believes, instead of making a useless thread like "ronda beats correira".

lol I doubt you match the odds from the betting sites. If this fight happens Ill post my betting slip in this thread.

Last edited:
Nate would german suplexed worse than what Rory did to him.

Would be hilarious.

Pointing out how much better Nates standup is seems kind of irrelevant when he will never get to use it.

every round starts off on the feet.

nates bjj is also better.

Watch how Joe Stevenson and Rory MacDonald threw Nate around. Then watch Khabib throw people around.

1+1=2?

im noticing everyone is writing off nate in other threads.
based on styles, I think nate beats khabib in a 5 round fight.

my reasons:
- nate a lot longer reach
- nate has the better standup imo and can pick khabib apart like he did cerrone
- nate has a better gas tank, can finish him in the later rounds
- has 5 rounds to find a submission as khabib will most likely get him to the ground
- leg kicks are key against a diaz... khabib doesnt throw to many of them
- khabib only has one predictable path to victory, lay n pray or wall n stall (imo), i doubt nate is even in danger the entire fight.

I hope this fight happens so i can put money down on nate as he would most likely be the underdog. this is werdum vs cain all over again... I called that fight too... styles make fights.

who do you guys think wins this fight?

More likely it's Nate vs Stun Gun/Rory all over again. Nate hasn't shown up serious for a fight since Josh Thomson beat him.

I'm a a fan and yeah Diaz bros have some great bjj but the sad fact is that neither of them have tapped a good wrestler from their back unless you count Pellegrino as one.

And Dos Anjos' bjj is better than Nate's.

thats arguable.

i think nates long limbs will be key on the ground.

just so you know, those highlights of rory throwing nate around were in the 3rd round. he wasnt doing that the entire fight. it was kind of competitive the first couple of rounds.
also rory and stun gun are huge and are WW.

khabib would have to keep throwing him around for 5 rounds and keep him on the ground. it could happen but i can deffinitely see khabib getting tired later if he keeps up with that tiring gameplan.

Last edited:
Nate isn't beating Khabib. Fuck me, try and be realistic.

thats arguable.

just so you know, those highlights of rory throwing nate around were in the 3rd round. he wasnt doing that the entire fight. it was kind of competitive the first couple of rounds.

khabib would have to keep throwing him around for 5 rounds and keep him on the ground. it could happen but i can deffinitely see khabib getting tired later if he keeps up with that tiring gameplan.

Anythings possible but the only people I've seen get tired from Khabibs style are his opponents. I think laying on peoples backs while they are in turtle and try to get up really tires them out even more.

No.

Nate beats Cerrone and he did (a fight where everyone counted him out)

but against Khabib, he's losing a decision

I can't imagine why Khabib wouldn't out wrestle Nate for 3 of 5 rounds. Wouldn't suprise me to see Nate win a round or two via better gas tank, but it seems unlikely he can stay on his feet when both guys are fresh.

Khabib is a problem for everybody. He matches up with everyone in the division and he ran over the current champion like he was wrestling a 5th grader.

Nate would need to stop him late in the fight, I have a hard time seeing Khabib giving up a submission or getting KO'd.

Khabib is the scariest LW out there atm, and you think he's losing to Nate Diaz?

C'mon son

I would root for Nate but he will lose a 30-27 in a fight where neither guy does any damage.

I could see Nate pulling off a sub if Khabib get's reckless on the ground.

thats arguable.

It's not arguable, not at all.

Khabib executed that same gameplan against Trujillo. He took him down 21 times on 27 attempts en-route to an easy 30-27 unanimous decision. There's no reason to think Diaz has better takedown defense than Trujillo, and Khabib probably won't have to take Nate down as much, since Nate isn't exactly known for trying to scramble off the ground as soon as he gets taken down.

im noticing everyone is writing off nate in other threads.
based on styles, I think nate beats khabib in a 5 round fight.

my reasons:
- nate a lot longer reach
- nate has the better standup imo and can pick khabib apart like he did cerrone
- nate has a better gas tank, can finish him in the later rounds
- has 5 rounds to find a submission as khabib will most likely get him to the ground
- leg kicks are key against a diaz... khabib doesnt throw to many of them
- khabib only has one predictable path to victory, lay n pray or wall n stall (imo), i doubt nate is even in danger the entire fight.

I hope this fight happens so i can put money down on nate as he will be a huge underdog. this is werdum vs cain all over again... I called that fight too... styles make fights.

who do you guys think wins this fight?

Leg kicks aren't Nate's only weakness, although they are a glaring one. He's also susceptible to wrestling, up to and including getting slammed on his head repeatedly which just so happens to be a specialty of Khabib. Nate is tailor made for Khabib. He doesn't have the physicality to deal with Khabib. He'll need a lot of early success in the striking, and I mean wobbling Khabib in the first exchange so that he's too out of it to put on the nearly inevitable wrestling and grappling clinic that everyone expects. So, I hope you're the only one that thinks this.

Back