Nate and Masvidal should both come at 165

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
And that BMF title should be considered the title for that weight class

You can just pretend its for the 165 title. Just like how everyone is pretending they are baddest mfers in UFC

You can just pretend its for the 165 title. Just like how everyone is pretending they are baddest mfers in UFC
giphy.gif

It isnt a bad idea really. Just start their own division… Nate would be doing Bozos job for him…
< Insert Nateslappingdanahere.gif>

At first I thought your post was dumb but I gave it some thought. I like it the idea but its kinda unrealistic.

With that said, if both fighters came in purposely at 165 Ibs (or somewhere around 162.5) and promoted the event as an introduction of a new weight class with heavy fan/social media support, I could see Dana MAYBE caving in to keep it around at least temporarily.

Would be hilarious if both verbally agreed to fight at 165lb and then weighed in at 170lb to gain an advantage over the other.
<Oku02>

That 165 weight class with 170 pushed to 175 is badly needed. But hey let's pretend LW & MW are not deep enough for that and create the ultra shallow 125 women division instead shouldn't we ?

That 165 weight class with 170 pushed to 175 is badly needed. But hey let's pretend LW & MW are not deep enough for that and create the ultra shallow 125 women division instead shouldn't we ?

Sure. But then what to do with the gap between 185 and 205? Introduce 195? Push 185 to 190?

There is no reason what so ever for a 165 division.

a) there is not one single fight that can't be made now that all of a sudden could be made with a 165 division. not one.
b) more weight cutting disasters. For every one fighter who fights at 155 who moved up, there would be 5 who would try and cut down 5 more pounds from 170.

Back