Nastalgia

DizzyKronic

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the days we would wait 3 months for a ppv...but it was always stacked and a must have to buy. Even as a senior in high school I could come up with the money, which was $30 back then. There was just so much more anticipation for the event back then.

Here's your 1st like.

Hell yeah, I remember the days of cheap, stacked (for that era) PPVs.

754e6beabba406ab4a800f6265853b89.jpg

Does anyone remember the days we would wait 3 months for a ppv...but it was always stacked and a must have to buy. Even as a senior in high school I could come up with the money, which was $30 back then. There was just so much more anticipation for the event back then.

Yep. I have most of them on DVD thanks to my pvr, lol.

It was a simpilar time then and the anticipation to see the fight was the hook. Now it seems people are more excited about the pressers and the fight is just something inconsequential that happens at the end and stops all the excitment of anticipating what they are going to say about eachother next, lol.

Damn with a title like that I thought this thread would showcase an old school beat down.

Nostalgia

The word you are looking for is nostalgia.
Nastalgia sounds like reminiscing about something disgusting.

But yeah, I remember those days. Fans today are spoiled. Not so much with the quality of the cards, but the quantity.

Nastalgia sounds like a rock band name.

Didn't read, lol.
But a few minutes ago, I was just thinking about the days of a post-TUF world when MMA was on TV a bunch. I'd went through the library of old fights at Hollywood Video. I'd seen the UFC as a kid, but I guess during the blackout age, we lost track of it and I didn't see it from my senior year of highschool until about 2 years later. Eventually it didn't seem as off-putting and I guess it was a good time to embrace the violence as it blew up. But now it's kinda shit more than before by a mile - as is a bunch of other shit.

Get off your couch and watch tv quarterly. Celebrate with a Haagen Dazs you land manatee.

Back then I would wait until the fights were over before drinking, didn’t want to miss anything lol. Even at UFC 100 live I refused to drink. Maybe it was a bigger deal because it was new to me?

Nostalgia

Nostalgia

The word you are looking for is nostalgia.
Nastalgia sounds like reminiscing about something disgusting.

But yeah, I remember those days. Fans today are spoiled. Not so much with the quality of the cards, but the quantity.

We all knew what he meant, you nerd virgin

Rose-tinted glasses a little bit. The cards weren't all stacked by any means, it just seems so when you look back because the guys on the undercard went on to have successful careers and became recognisable with the passing of time. People will make threads on here talking about how much of a legend someone like Christ Lytle is, in reality he was a journeyman at the time and nobody gave a shit about his fights.

Plus back in the day, the prelims weren't televised or streamed or anything. Just no way to watch them unless a main card fight ended early and they needed to fill time.

Nostalgia, it's not what it used to be.

YeaH man! This guy used to fight a shit ton back in the day!

ghost.jpg

Rose-tinted glasses a little bit. The cards weren't all stacked by any means, it just seems so when you look back because the guys on the undercard went on to have successful careers and became recognisable with the passing of time. People will make threads on here talking about how much of a legend someone like Christ Lytle is, in reality he was a journeyman at the time and nobody gave a shit about his fights.

Plus back in the day, the prelims weren't televised or streamed or anything. Just no way to watch them unless a main card fight ended early and they needed to fill time.
I hate to agree, but I have to.

and i also miss seeing the same promo being played all day everyday for three months straight.

Really got me pumped for the card!

Back