Naseem Hamed Career Recap

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by SandaKicker, Nov 15, 2019.

1. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

Not only that, it looked like he tapped them and they'd fall

Blake_UK likes this.
  2. aries Silver Belt

Hamed did plant his feet though. You can't leap off the floor like he did if you don't plant your feet. And he was off balance but after he had thrown the shot at a weird angle. That's why he ended up off balance. All he cared about was landing with power, his recovery just wasn't there. Something that we saw Barrera take advantage of. Hamed would throw a shot and miss and then Barrera would just light him up whilst he didn't have his feet underneath him.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  3. bunt A Goats eye is the GOAT eye

People also forget Hamed had an absolutely iron jaw. He was hit with multiple shots from Barrera that would have kod a lot of fighters.

Ruv and Roids like this.
  4. aries Silver Belt

Yeah absolutely. Hamed was put down a lot in the latter half of his career but he never was properly hurt. Most of his knockdowns were due to being unbalanced. He was definitely gifted with an iron jaw.

Ruv likes this.
  5. XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

he is probably underrated at this point in that I think he actually would have beaten a lot of ATG featherweights

but I am probably in the minority there

Ruv likes this.
  6. Prefect Black Belt

Hamed was done training by the time Barrera came along. It wasn't a blow out like people say. Give him a new set of hands that don't break every fight and I think you have a pretty good fighter. He was dangerous to anyone. I think he beats pac because pac was always hittable with being aggressive.

stephen90 likes this.
  7. Roids Purple Belt

Yes because being 36-1 and lineal champ for 3 years, with the only loss being a competitive decision to an ATG is not elite. Muppet.

8. Ready2Defend Banned Banned

Kevin Kelley exposed him as being over hyped. The Flushing Flash was thought by most to be past his best. And he almost stopped Hamed in the first.

Hamed was a phenomenal talent, that I agree. I think Manny Steward might have helped his career if Naseem had started out at Kronk.

9. SandaKicker Green Belt

I think they said on the HBO extended version for the fight against Augie Sanchez he couldn’t do one pull up before getting a S & C trainer. Might have been another fight but they said that before one of his fights.

I think some of the hype over him in the UK was based off the idea that his prime would come at bantam or super bantamweight.

He moved up for a big fight domestically with Steve Robinson and stuck with the weight.

10. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

how often did he break his hands?