Naseem Hamed Career Recap

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by SandaKicker, Nov 15, 2019.

1. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Interesting and not far off. This elite competition is why I rank Manny over Floyd all time.

2. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

He was 30, got dominated once, his nxt fight was awful and his last. All indicators point to a weak mind.

3. aries

aries Silver Belt

You could say that he had a weak mind, from what I saw he didn't like boxing. He said we wouldn't want it for his sons because it was such a hard game. That's not someone who enjoys the grind that you need to endure to be a professional boxer at the highest level. Lack of motivation made him weak.

Kevza likes this.
  4. Dutch1

Dutch1 White Belt

Yeah its hard not too. I still give the edge to floyd as he had the highest ring iq. Was able to adapt after losing the early rounds... hmm its close... i would have liked to have seen floyd fight prime kostya, mosley, forrest, tito, paul williams etc those would have been written in stone sll time great status victories

5. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Yeah, thats the knock on Floyd, which elite fighter did he beat in their prime? Manny's resume is deeper. Many agree with you though and both opinions hold up.

6. Hook2daliver

Hook2daliver White Belt

never!
    hes the one guy whos been down but not out my friend.

7. Kevza

Kevza Blue Belt

I think everyone, wether it be a hobbyist, or pro, will start to become 'weak' after years and years of doing the same thing.
    Not everyone is like Floyd Mayweather or Roger Federer, who can still keep the fire burning into late 30s.
    That's not a weak mind. He simply lost motivation for the 'grind'.
    I have no problem with that, and ive experienced it, on a hobbyist level.
    Im sure it would happen even easier if you were a millionaire from It too...

SandaKicker likes this.
  8. SandaKicker

SandaKicker Blue Belt

I think that’s a good point that’s not brought up often enough in combat sports.

That said I think in the case of Hamed he said some kind of ‘weakness’ in terms of psyche. He had a bully mentality imo but luckily for him he was so skilled barely anyone could really stand up to him.

9. smooth assassin

smooth assassin Brown Belt

Good video, I remember watching him as a kid, I never seen anyone move like that in the ring
    He was quite the character

10. SandaKicker

SandaKicker Blue Belt

New sky sports documentary;

11. SandisLL

SandisLL Purple Belt

---
    I understand his reasons.
    Pro boxing takes more nerves than for example pro MMA because…………...pro boxing does have most unforgiving fanbase.:(
    Each fight takes a lot of nerves due to fear.
    If compare with MMA, where if you had some loss in not famous org, for example some 3-3 in smal org, no one will call you as bad if you later in larger org had some 4-0 etc.
    * For example average UFC fan will not care about your mma record in some not well known smaller organisation.
    * Average pro boxing fan will dig out even your first club level pro fight etc.
    * With pro KB : fans more value tittles, places in more welll known tournaments and larger orgs.
    They might forgive you if you had some 3-3 pro KB record in not notable org etc.
    There your market value more is former tittles, places in larger tournaments and your last fights results not your record 4 years ago for example.
    Ofc still like in all pro sports: major value: wievership they might get with you in their event.