Naseem Hamed Career Recap

Let's not forget that barrera, Marquez, morales and pac were in the elite class . There is no shame in kelly and hamed losing to those guys.

I rate those 4 guys on par p4p with hearns, hagler, leonard and duran.

A shame morales never fought Marquez

Last edited:
The irony in this statement or do you think Barrera became a HOFer after he took Peasant Hamed to school and retired him? It was a decision loss but at no point was the Peasant in that fight.

Peasant Hamed was a clown with buffoonish technique. His athletic ability allowed him to get away with this against lesser fighters. As soon as he ran into a great fighter with tried and true technique he got his ass handed to him and quit the sport because he knew it wouldn't work against the best. Ever since his nut riders have been making excuses for that fight and how the Peasant could have been this or that. Nope.

If we use your criteria of writing off any fighter who loses a decision to an all time great as a 'clown' then most fighters would be clowns. This is obviously not a legit criteria because its retarded and is only used by his haters who are desperate to bash him and refuse to admit he was a great fighter. If you think the only good fighter he fought was Barrera you know nothing about boxing.

The one and only time Hamad faced real competition and it was a thing of beauty.

So apparently anyone that is not an ATG = not real competition. Can we use that criteria for every boxer or just hamed?

barrera took his soul and he never recovered from the embarrassment he suffered in that fight that's the sad part most fighters would have came back better from that.

The thing with people who really dislike Hamed, and we have seen it often in this thread, is that people claim he fought nothing but lower tier world champions, which is fucking laughable considering his resume, and that he got "schooled" against Barerra.

When in actual fact, he fought a fair few world champions and beat them, unified a division, became lineal champ, and lost a fight against a hall of famer by 2 fucking rounds and was great to watch due his one shot KO power.

Some of you need to evaluate your life and whether you actually like the sport, or you just like to hate certain fighters or fighters from a specific country and try your best to be a miserable cunt and drag people down along the way.

The thing with people who really dislike Hamed, and we have seen it often in this thread, is that people claim he fought nothing but lower tier world champions, which is fucking laughable considering his resume, and that he got "schooled" against Barerra.

When in actual fact, he fought a fair few world champions and beat them, unified a division, became lineal champ, and lost a fight against a hall of famer by 2 fucking rounds and was great to watch due his one shot KO power.

Some of you need to evaluate your life and whether you actually like the sport, or you just like to hate certain fighters or fighters from a specific country and try your best to be a miserable cunt and drag people down along the way.
Exactly. Nas was one of my favourite all-time fighters even with a relatively short career. He was an entertainer and always brought a show. He was never in a single boring fight and there aren't many boxers that can say that.

Let's not forget that barrera, Marquez, morales and pac were in the elite class . There is no shame in kelly and hamed losing to those guys.

A shame morales never fought Marquez

I think Kelley was a bit over the hill by the time he fought Morales and especially Barrera.

If he had have fought them about five years earlier it would have been a lot closer, I would have made him an underdog but he might have been able to sneak it, I think he would match up the best with Morales because of his weak jaw.

If we use your criteria of writing off any fighter who loses a decision to an all time great as a 'clown' then most fighters would be clowns. This is obviously not a legit criteria because its retarded and is only used by his haters who are desperate to bash him and refuse to admit he was a great fighter. If you think the only good fighter he fought was Barrera you know nothing about boxing.

Great. A Conor fan creating a strawman and running around saying YDKSAB. You were probably squawking dat Conor's MMA angles, dat left hand, Floyd's head clean off shyte.

Look Hamed was a clown in and out of the ring I'm not talking about ability there. He simply is not a great fighter and he didn't face great competition until Barrera. He didn't even believe he was great. He could have kept fighting and shown that Barrera just had his number but he quit. I can't think of one truly great fighter who voluntarily quit at 28. He knew the game was up.

He simply is not a great fighter and he didn't face great competition until Barrera.

Im not a nas fan but that is laughable nonsense. He became champion, held the lineal and unified, but he was shit lol.
He didn’t quit after Barrera either!

Important aspect is Naseems weak mental strenght. He needed to be completely in control. Classic in ring bully mentality.
Hej justwasnt one to fight through adversity like all the other great fighters. He has good wins but the level of Marquez clearly showed him he would need to dig deep.

In a way the timing of his retirement shows us more than the actual loss.
He wasnt done but just not able to face the elite again

He had a high ceiling but well below the best. A punchers chance he sure would have but not more. Pac would have demoralised him quickly.

Important aspect is Naseems weak mental strenght. He needed to be completely in control. Classic in ring bully mentality.
Hej justwasnt one to fight through adversity like all the other great fighters. He has good wins but the level of Marquez clearly showed him he would need to dig deep.

In a way the timing of his retirement shows us more than the actual loss.
He wasnt done but just not able to face the elite again

He had a high ceiling but well below the best. A punchers chance he sure would have but not more. Pac would have demoralised him quickly.

Thats my issue with him, his mental toughness. He did not look like the same fighter in his last fight. I said earlier in the thread that I think he thought he was unbeatable, and that loss took his mental edge away. And a big part of the sport is in the fighters heads. If your head is not right then your fighting a losing battle

I actually think he beats pac back in the early 2000s. He certainly don’t think he beats a prime version of him though

Yeah I agree. Naz was one of my favourite all-time fighters but the way he leapt in with big shots, it would only be a matter of time before JMM timed him. It would be interesting to see because Naz had an amazing chin on him. He got put down a lot of times but mostly due to balance but he always got straight back up. On the other hand Naz had massive power and JMM was catchable, so it could easily go the other way.
Has Marquez ever been KO'd?

Hamed is violently overrated by the people who do. Not sure why they cling to the criminal so much. He'd be lucky to get by prime JuanMa.

Have none of you considered that the reason he looked 'mentally weak' in the Barrera fight, was cos he had lost the motivation to train hard and fight?
I think this was clear for anyone to see.
Didn't he have almost a year since his last fight, and his weight had ballooned?
Now im not defending the guy as a fan, as I never liked him growing up. But I can appreciate how good he was.

If anyone is judging his skill or mental strength because of one fight, his 36th as a pro, after numerous title defences, then its just trolling.

Everyone knows the lead up to that fight, he wasn't the same fighter.

Has Marquez ever been KO'd?
No but he has been flattened. The guy had an amazing recovery. He took Manny's best but I think Nas had more power. But certainly it's no foregone conclusion that Nas would stop him.

Interesting and not far off. This elite competition is why I rank Manny over Floyd all time.

Back