Naseem Hamed Career Recap

I'm old enough to have watched all his bouts and I remember me and my roommate at the time were always wondering when this UK wanker with the elaborate entrances was going to get his ass wrecked and that little fucker had more angles and power than a Grand Prix race and won every damn time over and over. Really special unorthodox fighter. Like a (very) poor man's RJJ at his prime/peak. Hard to figure out, nearly impossible to time properly. Tough matchup for anyone then.

Could Marquez easily survive some bombs from Prince Naseem? He always gets hit and he survived hard shots from Pac and others but Naseem had scary power at 126.
Marquez would "Barrera" Hamed, probably worse.

neither hamed or pac were very well rounded or versatile, hamed definitely had the power to short circuit manny, and manny never was the most thoughtful guy. the one thing i thought would beat hamed, said it then, say it now, is a good, well taught fighter who won't fall for the bs. manny isn't particularly good technically, of course you give his a target and he'll punch till the cows come home, problem with a freakish puncher like hamed is that he would be landing his best shots. Marquez would probably fare better but i'm not as familiar with him as i am with manny and nas. I do think nas can lose against any solid, experienced fighter, just like he lost to barrera.

Haha pac isn't good technically? I've hears everything now.

Hamed looked great fighting lesser men, with his outrageous style (don't get me wrong it was fun to watch) against world class level fighters that bs didn't work too well. Look at the kelly fight (kelly was a step below the big 4)

I think pac would have beaten hamed easier than what barrera did.

Pac throws punches from crazy angles, hamed liked to step to the side with his hands by his waist. He would have been tagged all night long, and stopped.

Marquez would "Barrera" Hamed, probably worse.

One of the worst things for Hamed against Marquez in my opinion would be Marquez tendency to intercept punches with punches of his own.

Hamed threw a lot of leaping attacks, like the attack Pacquiao used against Marquez that ended in Pacquiao getting KO’ed. Most of the other guys he fought would try to move away with footwork or weave under those shots but Marquez would be a guy to stand his ground and intercept.

Big puncher’s chance against 126 Manny, maybe 40%. On the other hand Manny’s agression could make him fold.

Gets humbled by Marquez.

That's a casual way to view Kevin Kelley

I stated a fact and insinuated that Kevin Kelley is not on the level of Manny Pacquaio. That's a casual opinion to you? lol, have you watched an entire boxing match before or do you just watch HL's on YouTube?

back in 97? Kevin was probably in the ball park, very dangerous fighter. Naz might have been dropped 3 times that fight but they were all flash KD's or off balance. He had a great chin and was really never visibly hurt his whole career, so he would be favorite in a dog fight.

I’m not a fan at all but I’ll admit he was a top class fighter, with a fckin solid chin. He may have been on the floor but I can’t ever remember seeing him proper hurt. In his prime he gives all of the guys mentioned a proper fight

One of the worst things for Hamed against Marquez in my opinion would be Marquez tendency to intercept punches with punches of his own.

Hamed threw a lot of leaping attacks, like the attack Pacquiao used against Marquez that ended in Pacquiao getting KO’ed. Most of the other guys he fought would try to move away with footwork or weave under those shots but Marquez would be a guy to stand his ground and intercept.
Yeah I agree. Naz was one of my favourite all-time fighters but the way he leapt in with big shots, it would only be a matter of time before JMM timed him. It would be interesting to see because Naz had an amazing chin on him. He got put down a lot of times but mostly due to balance but he always got straight back up. On the other hand Naz had massive power and JMM was catchable, so it could easily go the other way.

Barrera schooled Hamed, and Barrera lost to Pac twice, so there’s that.

Hamed was an exciting guy to watch, but a flat track bully who effectively quit the sport after that schooling.

his only loss was a decision to a hall of famer who he took lightly.

The irony in this statement or do you think Barrera became a HOFer after he took Peasant Hamed to school and retired him? It was a decision loss but at no point was the Peasant in that fight.

Peasant Hamed was a clown with buffoonish technique. His athletic ability allowed him to get away with this against lesser fighters. As soon as he ran into a great fighter with tried and true technique he got his ass handed to him and quit the sport because he knew it wouldn't work against the best. Ever since his nut riders have been making excuses for that fight and how the Peasant could have been this or that. Nope.

I also wouldn't say he foughts "bums" I'm pretty sure beat 7 world champions (Medina, Kelley, Wilfredo Vasquez, Paul Ingle, McCullough, Bungu)

In the modern age of ABC champs, and now DEFG, champ has lost it's meaning​

Barrera schooled Hamed, and Barrera lost to Pac twice, so there’s that.

By counterpoint you can say Pacquiao annihilated Barrera but then Barrera beat Morales twice who beat Pacquiao pretty comfortably in the first fight at least.

Pacquiao was in full on pac-roid mode by the third Morales fight and Morales had slipped.

The irony in this statement or do you think Barrera became a HOFer after he took Peasant Hamed to school and retired him? It was a decision loss but at no point was the Peasant in that fight.

Peasant Hamed was a clown with buffoonish technique. His athletic ability allowed him to get away with this against lesser fighters. As soon as he ran into a great fighter with tried and true technique he got his ass handed to him and quit the sport because he knew it wouldn't work against the best. Ever since his nut riders have been making excuses for that fight and how the Peasant could have been this or that. Nope.

I’ve not heard any excuses from his fans! Everyone accepts that he got schooled.

personally I think that he is a fighter that was always going to quit when he lost, no matter who it was against. he thought he was invincible, I don’t think he was mentally strong enough to overcome the loss

Boxing history can be divided into PC or AD

Before carpet or
in the year of our Carpet

Back