NASA scientist warns Earth is due for 'extinction-level' event

Happiness

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What I'm worried about is; will this hurt the job creators?

Is this bad for the property market?

God dammit. I swear the search function hates me.
The search engine on this site is bad. It does not seem to be sorting by the most recent threads and sometimes misses the thread you are looking for all together.

You know, before I clicked the link, I thought in my head "I bet the usual cast of jokers will deny this" and then ripskater makes the 2nd post.

This is shit I comprehended in elementary school, that in Earth's history there has been several mass extinctions and that since it has been several million years since the last, that were technically due for another and that has applied anywhere from the last few million years to the next few million years. But since it involves scientists (!) making alarming environmental predictions, people will deny it.

By the way, I stopped at rip's post because that's all I could take.

Anyone who watched JRE 872 already knew this.

Anyone who watched JRE 872 already knew this.

I used to listen to the JRE, but at some point it really started annoying me. I think an Eddie Bravo + Brendon Shaub rant led to me unsubscribing.

I used to listen to the JRE, but at some point it really started annoying me. I think an Eddie Bravo + Brendon Shaub rant led to me unsubscribing.

I only listen to the JRE when he has certain non-MMA related guests on. Hancock and Carlson were great. As was Shermer.

And you'd have to pay me to watch that FIghter and the Kid shit.

It's more likely that one of us will be struck by lightning.
"Due" still means "in all likelihood, a long time from now"

But the professional and amateur skywatching programs are a necessity. My concern is that being able to do something about anything incoming will lag far behind our abilitiy to detect the problem.

As it stands, we might have months to consider how badly damaged we'll get by anything we see.

Back