Social NASA launching a small 4 stage rocket spewing chemicals over Eastern seaboard

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I am not making this up not harmful they say why not fly it over the ocean I say. They say over Atlantic Ocean but they also say you will be able to see it over your area ok over ocean or over land I don't live on a boat.

"
A NASA suborbital sounding rocket scheduled to launch Monday night in Virginia is expected to be visible throughout much of the eastern United States, including Massachusetts.

The four-stage Black Brant XII rocket is slated to launch at 8:04 p.m., with a launch window of 40 minutes. The anticipated liftoff from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility comes after being postponed three times, most recently on Sunday night due to “upper level winds not being within the required limits for a safe launch,” NASA said.

“The mission, called the KiNETic-scale energy and momentum transport eXperiment, or KiNet-X, is designed to study a very fundamental problem in space plasmas, namely, how are energy and momentum transported between different regions of space that are magnetically connected?” a statement on NASA’s website says."
"
The rocket will release barium vapor about 9 minutes and 30 seconds to 10 minutes after launch. NASA says the vapor is not harmful to the environment or public health.

When released, the vapor leaves spherical clouds that are “a mixture of green and violet” and last about 30 seconds until “the un-ionized component of the cloud has defused away,” officials said.

“After exposure to sunlight, the vapor clouds quickly ionize and take on a violet color,” NASA said, adding that violet colors are difficult to see in darkness for the human eye.

“The KiNET-X clouds will therefore be more difficult for the casual observer to see than some of the previous vapor missions launched from Wallops,” NASA’s statement said.

In a tweet, NASA explained vapor tracers are used to study atmospheric winds in the upper atmosphere and ionosphere by making it possible to “directly observe the winds.”

The vapors will be released between 217 and 249 miles above the Atlantic Ocean.
"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...0/nasa-rocket-to-be-visible-massachusetts/amp

Whats the concern? Also says above Atlantic Ocean.

Do I trust engineers at NASA (some of the best minds world has to offer) or random sherdog poster on this one? hmmm

dude, if NASA was lying on this, you think everyone working there would keep quiet? This is no different then believing in chemtrails - a preposterous conspiracy theory that would require coordination of tens of thousands of people world over and none of them leaking any real proof about it

1620559823296.jpg

I am not making this up not harmful they say why not fly it over the ocean I say. They say over Atlantic Ocean but they also say you will be able to see it over your area ok over ocean or over land I don't live on a boat.

"
A NASA suborbital sounding rocket scheduled to launch Monday night in Virginia is expected to be visible throughout much of the eastern United States, including Massachusetts.

The four-stage Black Brant XII rocket is slated to launch at 8:04 p.m., with a launch window of 40 minutes. The anticipated liftoff from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility comes after being postponed three times, most recently on Sunday night due to “upper level winds not being within the required limits for a safe launch,” NASA said.

“The mission, called the KiNETic-scale energy and momentum transport eXperiment, or KiNet-X, is designed to study a very fundamental problem in space plasmas, namely, how are energy and momentum transported between different regions of space that are magnetically connected?” a statement on NASA’s website says."
"
The rocket will release barium vapor about 9 minutes and 30 seconds to 10 minutes after launch. NASA says the vapor is not harmful to the environment or public health.

When released, the vapor leaves spherical clouds that are “a mixture of green and violet” and last about 30 seconds until “the un-ionized component of the cloud has defused away,” officials said.

“After exposure to sunlight, the vapor clouds quickly ionize and take on a violet color,” NASA said, adding that violet colors are difficult to see in darkness for the human eye.

“The KiNET-X clouds will therefore be more difficult for the casual observer to see than some of the previous vapor missions launched from Wallops,” NASA’s statement said.

In a tweet, NASA explained vapor tracers are used to study atmospheric winds in the upper atmosphere and ionosphere by making it possible to “directly observe the winds.”

The vapors will be released between 217 and 249 miles above the Atlantic Ocean.
"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...0/nasa-rocket-to-be-visible-massachusetts/amp

Wallops island is far eastern Virginia right on the ocean. I think we are fine.

What major discoveries or feats has NASA pulled off other than the alleged moon landing?

My issue if this was the Air Force I don't think people would be that fine with it. Since this is NASA people be like it's cool it's NASA. NASA is very much a small member of the Military even if it seems independent.

Dude did you take the biggest bong rip before writing this?

I thought I was reading a Dr.Seuss story or something.

What major discoveries or feats has NASA pulled off other than the alleged moon landing?

Helped to develop technology that allows humans to kill millions of other humans on the opposite side of the planet with a push of a button. :)

Oh no. My crazy Uncle is going to be dishing out the "I told you so's" like crazy, he thinks planes spray the skies every day.

Back