NASA announces earth shaking discovery. Legit?

I heard there are photos from Roswell...

Somebody get Neil Degrasse Tyson on the phone!

Going to school at an Aeronautical University I blasted it out to a friend who used to work for NASA and he sent me this web-site.

He hasn't worked there for 3 years so he is not sure if this is what they are talking about, its just his guess.

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/scitech/display.cfm?ST_ID=2504

Astronomy forums are buzzing with speculation about newly-discovered Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON). Currently located beyond the orbit of Jupiter, Comet ISON is heading for a very close encounter with the sun next year. In Nov. 2013, it will pass less than 0.012 AU (1.8 million km) from the solar surface. The fierce heating it experiences then could turn the comet into a bright naked-eye object.

"In the best case, the comet is big, bright, and skirts the sun next November. It would be extremely bright -- negative magnitudes maybe -- and naked-eye visible for observers in the Northern Hemisphere for at least a couple of months."

At what point did NASA need a hype machine?

When they realized people were hurting financially and NASA hadn't wowed them in decades. Now they're thinking, shit, how are we going to convince people we're providing them a service commensurate with the money we get from them?

Well, that might be it. But maybe these two web designers were hired by NASA to design a "cool" website and these guys decided to register with Namecheap? Who knows...

It's also running out of Panama.

I know the inside scoop they discovered Martian Jesus

they found some kind of thing that resembles an amoeba skeleton on mars but not for sure, still needs more data

that's the announcement

yes cytoplasm organisms have skeletons or whatever

probably some Prothean ruins

why do they have to wait over a month to announce it?

Back