NASA announces earth shaking discovery. Legit?

Saw this comment posted under a youtube video about this:

Akio Moosic:
1. The domain is registered with 'Namecheap'. NASA would not register a domain with Namecheap.
2. The websites entire design is a template, found on a website called 'ThemeForest' called 'Caelus'. Look it up.
3. The coders who designed the site can be found in the source code (inspect element) under 'Placeholder', Their names are Mathias Bynens & Brian Mcallister. They are both on twitter, and surprise surprise, both web designers.
There you go. :) Thumbs up?

So what you're trying to say is that they found chipmunks with tails just like squirrels?
Why.... that would make THEM squirrels!

Saw this comment posted under a youtube video about this:

Akio Moosic:
1. The domain is registered with 'Namecheap'. NASA would not register a domain with Namecheap.
2. The websites entire design is a template, found on a website called 'ThemeForest' called 'Caelus'. Look it up.
3. The coders who designed the site can be found in the source code (inspect element) under 'Placeholder', Their names are Mathias Bynens & Brian Mcallister. They are both on twitter, and surprise surprise, both web designers.
There you go. :) Thumbs up?

Well, that might be it. But maybe these two web designers were hired by NASA to design a "cool" website and these guys decided to register with Namecheap? Who knows...

That they've all been getting paid throughout the furlough?

I'm curious to the wait.

"We just made a earth shattering discovery. Will tell you in a month." Why not tell us now? If the discovery has been made, then why do we have to wait until the 13th. The most common answer I get to this is "Well they need to make sure they verify everything." But if we are still waiting for verification, then don't announce it yet. Announce it when the discover is certain and let us know right then.

I think the design of the website means it's possibly something good (or irrelevant)... definitely not something bad.

Yes. I think it looks like a kindergarten webgame site. Contentwise, they're after attention. I wonder what the agenda is.

Well, that might be it. But maybe these two web designers were hired by NASA to design a "cool" website and these guys decided to register with Namecheap? Who knows...

I would assume though that if Nasa revealed they are going to be sharing an earth shattering discovery on November 13th, then when I woke up this morning and turned on the news, instead of hearing about a trailer fire with no injuries, I would have heard about Nasa's massive announcement that a bigger announcement is comign soon.

Wasn't their last announcement about water being discovered on Mars?

they found a copy of TWoW on Mars

Wasn't there a black president in 'Deep Impact'?

Should we be concerned?

you and i already know they would never tell us. can you imagine the havoc that would ensue after such an announcement?

my guess is that that found something on mars, but i

Last edited:
I remember back in early 2001, there were tons of stories about some absolutely amazing invention that was going to completely change the world. Everyone was speculating about what it was. I was hoping for a flying car. After months of waiting it turned out to be the Segway. While an amazing piece of technology it hardly changed the world. I've never even seen one.

Website looks like BS. I don't buy it.

If it was a big announcement, it would be on NASA's site. Everywhere I've looked seems to indicate it's a personal webpage fishing for e-mail addresses.

They discovered swap gas

I bet they discovered Spewey...

Last edited:
No, it's not legit. NASA is shut down right now.

Back