Television Narcos Mexico Season 3

Season 3 was ok, but definitely the weakest. I was over Brestlins character after S2.

Nunez always had this look like she was always taking mental notes talking to pretty much anyone. It was odd.

The Arturo "Kitty" Páez scene was pretty spot on. They even got his position down.

Tapia‘s story, although fiction, had a lot of truth to it. There were a string of murders in Juarez that could have been committed by a serial killer or killers or just random murders. No one really knows. There’s a good podcast on it.

I grew up in San Diego and still live here to this day. My gf is from Tijuana and she tells me she remembers all of the CAF (or AFO) wanted posters up around the city. They were fully plastered all over the border.

A lot of stories left out but they tackled the big ones. Like the murder of the Priest. That was a large turning point. They could have gone on to maybe one more season before shit really hit the fan with the Zetas. By that point, it was just too much.

For those interested in a relatively unknown cartel story, Somos was a solid watch (Netflix). Really sad story. Also, ZeroZeroZero was pretty damn good. That had some Zetas inspiration.

That ending was but abrupt and lackluster for me. I mean, considering how overall strong the series is.

Nunez always had this look like she was always taking mental notes talking to pretty much anyone. It was odd.

She's a reporter, wasn't that literally her job? Perhaps an intentional choice by the actress.

Crap season total disappointment. I thought I would treat myself to a binge session and found myself fast forwarding. In real life Fuentes (lord of the skies) was a boring ass low key dealer who’s claim to fame was dying on an operating table trying to get plastic surgery.

*spolier* the plane shootout never happened at the end. Should have focused more on Chapo , but I guess Netflix figured he has enough of his own series. Which are better than narcos season 3.

Crap season total disappointment. I thought I would treat myself to a binge session and found myself fast forwarding. In real life Fuentes (lord of the skies) was a boring ass low key dealer who’s claim to fame was dying on an operating table trying to get plastic surgery.

*spolier* the plane shootout never happened at the end. Should have focused more on Chapo , but I guess Netflix figured he has enough of his own series. Which are better than narcos season 3.

Being boring keeps you alive. Unfortunately for him, he was probably the most powerful drug lord of his time. Also, when his dealings with Hank and General Rebollo became public, that was anything but boring. He didn’t escape prison like Chapo or die guns blazing like Beltran-Levya, but his story and nickname were interesting nonetheless.

Being boring keeps you alive. Unfortunately for him, he was probably the most powerful drug lord of his time. Also, when his dealings with Hank and General Rebollo became public, that was anything but boring. He didn’t escape prison like Chapo or die guns blazing like Beltran-Levya, but his story and nickname were interesting nonetheless.
Agree to disagree. Yes I know this but it doesn’t make for a great series.

In real life Fuentes (lord of the skies) was a boring ass low key dealer who’s claim to fame was dying on an operating table trying to get plastic surgery.

I wonder if that really happened or if it was some Jeff-Epstein-ish cover story.

<EdgyBrah>
I wonder if that really happened or if it was some Jeff-Epstein-ish cover story.

The dirty cop looking for the girl. The journalist all made it seem like there was too much jumbled in there. Not like producers can say they rushed it. They had plenty of time. Didn’t like it that’s my opinion.

Lmao! Yea, I have my tinfoil Sombrero on... his death just seemed random and convenient. Obviously people can die in any type of surgery, so it isn't impossible.

The dirty cop looking for the girl. The journalist all made it seem like there was too much jumbled in there. Not like producers can say they rushed it. They had plenty of time. Didn’t like it that’s my opinion.

Yea, it just seemed like every storyline was tied up in the last 5 minutes. I didn't feel the conclusive feeling like other series had... or hell, even like the original Narcos had.

Weakest season of the bunch. Wasted all that time on Amado and removed all of his charm from previous seasons.

Should have been 1 or 2 episodes and the rest focusing on Chapo.

The whole serial killer thing was boring. It could have been playing out in the background somehow.

Boo.

The abrupt ending was a deal killer for sure. The serial killer story-line was a waste too

Weakest season of the bunch. Wasted all that time on Amado and removed all of his charm from previous seasons.

The whole serial killer thing was boring. It could have been playing out in the background somehow.

Boo.
The abrupt ending was a deal killer for sure. The serial killer story-line was a waste too

I'll be honest.....I didn't see how the serial killer thing fit into the whole Narcos story. Was it just to show all kind of shit going on in Mexico at the same time as the Narcos main story? How, exactly, did it have anything to do with the main story and the cartels? Other than the cop did a few odd jobs for the cartel. It seemed like a side story that they put in for some dumb reason to take up time.

Still a good series but the weakest season for sure.

I'll be honest.....I didn't see how the serial killer thing fit into the whole Narcos story. Was it just to show all kind of shit going on in Mexico at the same time as the Narcos main story? How, exactly, did it have anything to do with the main story and the cartels? Other than the cop did a few odd jobs for the cartel. It seemed like a side story that they put in for some dumb reason to take up time.

Still a good series but the weakest season for sure.

i think killings started happening after NAFTA agreement because factories started popping up. It was mostly female employees and they became easy target for the killers. That corrupt Mexican head honcho was behind the NAFTA deal, he was the one calling the shots with the cartels. So that’s how it’s connected to the show.

pretty shitty ending - should’ve focused more on the cartel wars instead of the journalist and Borat.

Bumping this because I finally finished Season 3.

Agree, weakest season out of all of them.

The serial killer arc was a waste, the reporter stuff was ok. Too much time wasted on everyone's wives/girlfriends who contributed little to the plot. Sounds petty, but I wanna see gangsters doing gangster shit on a gangster show.

Bumping this because I finally finished Season 3.

Agree, weakest season out of all of them.

The serial killer arc was a waste, the reporter stuff was ok. Too much time wasted on everyone's wives/girlfriends who contributed little to the plot. Sounds petty, but I wanna see gangsters doing gangster shit on a gangster show.
Producers didn’t even bother to mention Fuentes (lord of the skies) plastic surgeons that botched his surgery were all murdered. The only thing exciting to happen to him. Why would you leave that out wtf?

Producers didn’t even bother to mention Fuentes (lord of the skies) plastic surgeons that botched his surgery were all murdered. The only thing exciting to happen to him. Why would you leave that out wtf?

It was mentioned by Jamie to Walt in like one line..about how they were found in 55gal drums and the Fuentes body was "lost" (I only remember because I finished it last night)

Wanted to see more of the War...

Wasn't all bad, just the weakest season, and kind of a shitty way to end.

Boo.
Have you watched the Chapo tv series on Netflix? It’s binge worthy if you don’t mind subtitles.

It was mentioned by Jamie to Walt in like one line..about how they were found in 55gal drums and the Fuentes body was "lost" (I only remember because I finished it last night)

Wanted to see more of the War...

Wasn't all bad, just the weakest season, and kind of a shitty way to end.
Such a forgettable season I already forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Back