Television Narcos is back! (no spoilers)

Just finished. Might be my favorite season since the first Escobar season.

Season 2 is about the DEA's pursuit of the men who killed and tortured Kiki Camarena.

Maybe Season 3 will follow El Chapo and hopefully someone puts a bullet in his brain before then.
Definitely. The next season is gonna be crazy. Amado moving drugs with his fleet and war breaking out between Sinaloa and Tijuana.

Binged the entire season the past two days. Great stuff as usual but it's also interesting how much artistic license they take with the series versus reality. The show is definitely more inspired by than an accurate portrayal of history and if you remember that, it's such a fun ride.

Diego Luna was great as Gallardo again and it always amazes me just how dumb organized criminals can be, not him but the others in the plazas. I guess that's the power and money polluting their minds so much they feel they are invincible. What this series does so well is humanize absolute monsters and give them depth. So well that sometimes you actually root for them a bit like I was doing with Acosta and El Chapo. I didn't know who it was but after reading about it around the internet, they really shouldn't have cast that rapper. His acting was fucking awful.

That shit with Palma's family was fucking too cold blooded. Damn.

Also worth mentioning for those who've seen the original three seasons but not the Mexico seasons is that the Mexico seasons are essentially prequels and everything happened there before Pablo got taken down and the Cali cartel took over. I need to rewatch the entire series again.

Awesome series.. I have to go back and re-watch all the Colombian stuff now.

The ending scene when Walt's character shows Miguel Angel a picture of Kiki, I thought Felix would say

"two weeks ago I had the wife and two kids of someone I have known since childhood thrown off of a bridge. A family who I have had dinner with. Do you think this gringo means anything to me".

Last edited:
The first season of Narcos Mexico was pretty good, definitely one of the better shows on television. Ive watched a few episodes of season 2.

Narcos: Mexico season 2 was great. I really enjoy this series and hope a third season gets made.

Diego Luna did a fantastic job with Gallardo. His ambition was much greater than his peers, yet the climb to the top left Rafa and Don Neto out to dry, which cast a shadow on him with the plazas. They feared him but couldn't trust him. That pretty much lead to his downfall.

I didn't really care for Walt as a character. He didn't evoke that same empathy for a character like Pedro Pascal and Boyd Hollbrook did with their characters. I was glad to see Walt's failures happen in this show. Lol

2 episodes in, it seems slower and harder to get into than the previous season and other Narcos.

I thought the season was pretty good. 7/10

Back