Naoya Inoue

Inoue has definitely made my favourite fighter to watch list. He always brings it and he delivers big time. His power is what gets headlines but he has great technique to go with it too. And his defence is underrated too probably because he is so enamoured with his power he sometimes takes shots to give shots. He has the whole package it seems. I don't know what will be left for him at bantamweight after he disposes of Donaire, I suppose a fight with that dirty cheat Nery and then he might be looking at a move up in weight.

What does @Seano think of this?
Weight aside, stylistically he could be an issue for Lomachenko but at the moment, people are greatly exaggerating his resume because he had an impressive showing recently. There's no one he's fought that would sniff the top 50 of any P4P list. Thats not to say he doesn't have the talent people think he has, he's just not really fighting anyone that he shouldn't beat.

Fun to watch, but he was also there to be hit early on. I don't think he has the skill set to deal with a master boxer like Loma. Weight aside.

We'll see how he does against Nery at some point. Until then, we can say he absolutely smokes decent opponents, and he's fun to watch.

Some elite fighters like Floyd and Loma suck the life out of a bout with their expertise but Inoue has you on the edge of your seat, not unlike a young Pacman.
Gkorious..!!

why do some ppl believe that nery is some kind of test for inoue?

the best and only top fighter nery has ever fought in his career, was an over of his prime about to retire, yamanaka
plus nery was caught with PEDS, and was overwgt by 2 classes
the guy shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as inoue. in fact i think rodriguez is better than nery.

Some elite fighters like Floyd and Loma suck the life out of a bout with their expertise but Inoue has you on the edge of your seat, not unlike a young Pacman.
Gkorious..!!
meh, i don't know if that's fair to mayweather and lomachenko, especially vasyl. floyd sucked the life out of some fights by evading, landing a clean punch and clinching... but even with that gameplan, the fights were often quite exciting. lomachnko rarely clinches and never eases up or disengages. he just keeps getting in everyone's face and punching them. the only boredom inducing component of his fights is that he always owns everyone.

i do agree naoya is absolutely glorious, though. he packs fucking grenades, especially for such a little guy. i honestly can't think of anyone in the game with that much power relative to their size, coupled with such clean technique. we have monstrous punchers and we have good technicians, but rarely do we come across someone who is both. inoue is the truth, in every way.

It's weird that someone like Spence is rated so high in most p4p lists and Inoue isn't.

It's weird that someone like Spence is rated so high in most p4p lists and Inoue isn't.

Finally, someone said it

In terms of what I have seen so far, Inoue is an absolute top dog

Became a big fan of this guy over the last few fights. I keep watching one of his sparring sessions in particular. His technique is breathtaking

When I see a guy this untouchable, my mind sometimes wanders back to this scene.

Weight aside, stylistically he could be an issue for Lomachenko but at the moment, people are greatly exaggerating his resume because he had an impressive showing recently. There's no one he's fought that would sniff the top 50 of any P4P list. Thats not to say he doesn't have the talent people think he has, he's just not really fighting anyone that he shouldn't beat.
I always though that inoue vs Zarate would have been an awesome "dream" match.

I think this guys getting overated a bit. People are even rating him #1 p4p. He's got legit power, can really punch but i'm not seeing amazing skill that jumps off the screen or anything. We'll see.

Love the talent he shows as well. But I am concerned a bit about his defense. He got hit more than I like against Rodriguez in that first round and even admitted that he felt he lost the first round.

That worries me a little bit, especially if he keeps moving up in weight.

For example, even at this age I'd take Rigo over him at 122. I think Rigo would find a home for those missile straight left hands and land with regularity. He'd be an underdog against Inoue, and Inoue could catch him clean. But I think Rigo would be crafty enough.

He needs to shore up that part of his game. Defensively he reminds me a bit of Kovalev. He'll role with some light punches but end up taking some big ones flush.

I think this guys getting overated a bit. People are even rating him #1 p4p. He's got legit power, can really punch but i'm not seeing amazing skill that jumps off the screen or anything. We'll see.
incredible timing, absurd speed & power. doesn’t get hit much. not sure what else you’re really looking for

For example, even at this age I'd take Rigo over him at 122. I think Rigo would find a home for those missile straight left hands and land with regularity. He'd be an underdog against Inoue, and Inoue could catch him clean. But I think Rigo would be crafty enough.
ahhhhhhhh this is why we love you man

Back