News Naoya Inoue vs. Paul Butler set for December 13 (ESPN+)

Inoue via murder. Inoue seems like a "special" fighter at this point.

Naoya has been a special fighter since he blasted Narvaez in 2 rounds in 2014, it's just that now he's stateside more and since he was in WBSS people are like "Wow this guy is really good".

Naoya has been a special fighter since he blasted Narvaez in 2 rounds in 2014, it's just that now he's stateside more and since he was in WBSS people are like "Wow this guy is really good".
i remember watching that fight a few days after it happened, had not seen naoya fight prior. i was shocked to learn he was moving up two weight classes to fight this guy, who was making the 8th defense of his title. inoue literally skipped a weight class to absolutely demolish a long time champion there.

i believe after the fight narvaez asked to have naoya's gloves inspected, he couldn't believe the guy hit that hard.

do we know what time the fight will be shown in the USA?

Interestingly the WBC added SSR to their Bantamweight rankings and put him at #4. Not that i want him to fight Naoya at this point in his career, especially with what Bam did to him, but i'd be interested to see how he does against other BWs including Donaire.

Interestingly the WBC added SSR to their Bantamweight rankings and put him at #4. Not that i want him to fight Naoya at this point in his career, especially with what Bam did to him, but i'd be interested to see how he does against other BWs including Donaire.
it would be dope if bam moved up to fight naoya, though.

i mean i know inoue is too big for him and likely fucks him up something fierce, but stylistically i think it would've made for a really cool fight.

it would be dope if bam moved up to fight naoya, though.

i mean i know inoue is too big for him and likely fucks him up something fierce, but stylistically i think it would've made for a really cool fight.

Unfortunately Bam has moved down to FLW and is fighting Cristian Gonzalez in the new year, and after this fight Naoya will surely be moving up to SBW. Would have been an awesome fight while it lasted though.

I wonder if SSR has moved up to BW because of weight troubles, or if he just wants a crack at a title after Naoya vacates.

How many rounds are we giving Butler? 5 max?

Tarimo always comes to fight, good to see him on this card.

Back