News Naoya Inoue vs. Paul Butler set for December 13 (ESPN+)

Eyy, Inoue finally getting a shot to clean out the division before moving up.

I remember how frustrated he was cause all the champs were ducking him at superfly, probably didnt want the humiliation of losing to a teen.

butler ko early rounds

edit
oh he ain't the Japanese one
sorry rip Butler

of course inoue is finally ready for 122 when the best 122 pounders are now at 126. maybe they’re the ones running from him, but its quite convenient. any chance fulton stays at super bantam for an inoue showdown? i think he gives inoue some trouble and ultimately gets worn down late but it’d be fun.

Paul Butler is the easiest of title grabs for Inoue to become undisputed. Realistically he's fringe world level at best. I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the 1st round. Hopefully afterward Inoue moves up one more division and challenges Fulton. That would be a great fight.

Paul Butler is the easiest of title grabs for Inoue to become undisputed. Realistically he's fringe world level at best. I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the 1st round. Hopefully afterward Inoue moves up one more division and challenges Fulton. That would be a great fight.
i agree. to his credit, Butler has been calling for this fight and saying he wants to fight the best, so i admire that spirit. but after watching some of his fights......I think Inoue will get him out of there within the first 6 rounds. it would be so awesome if Inoue was undisputed - he deserves the fame and glory that comes along with it.

I haven't seen Butler fight but it's nice to have another unification. Now hopefully Spence/Crawford and Fury/Usyk happen soon too.

inoue clearly stated, after 118 unifcation
he moves up to face the unified 122 > fulton and or MJ
that would be crazy to have 2 unifed champs go at it, and for inoue to get all belts in 2 wgt classes

of course inoue is finally ready for 122 when the best 122 pounders are now at 126. maybe they’re the ones running from him, but its quite convenient. any chance fulton stays at super bantam for an inoue showdown? i think he gives inoue some trouble and ultimately gets worn down late but it’d be fun.
I saw an interview (cant remember what network/channel) where Fulton said he liked Inoue's style and respected him a lot, but felt confident he could beat him. he cited his movement and elusiveness as his best qualities against Inoue. I think Fulton really wants to fight him and I hope he gets his wish. would be a fun clash of styles and a style that Inoue hasnt faced too much

naoya should murder him, hopefully he doesn't overlook him because butler is severely overmatched here.

naoya at 122 is going to be really interesting, though.

Undisputed will look good on his resume, and this is easy money.

dont know why people are shit talking Butler so much. yeah hes not that great, but he has the belt that Inoue needs to be undisputed, hes not a ducker like Casimero, and to his credit Butler has been calling for this fight for a while. he clearly isnt afraid and isnt a bitch; he wants to fight the best. for that he deserves credit. i still think Inoue KOs him within the first 6 rounds, but i have to applaud the balls it takes for Butler to get into the ring with a guy like Inoue.

Butler is good Euro level but not quite a world beater imo. A handy fighter but Inoue is on a different level. KO by body shots in round 3.

Inoue via murder. Inoue seems like a "special" fighter at this point.

Back