1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Naoya Inoue Vs Nonito Donaire

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Protagoras, Nov 6, 2019.

1. DaveDave

DaveDave Blue Belt

Fucking loveloveloveloved this fight.

Immense.

2. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

The body shot in the 11th, what's the rule there?

3. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

This is what you call a fight, fucking fantastic, not like that goldenboy exhibition last week.

Jhonni5 likes this.
  4. droolingliver

droolingliver Blue Belt

When Donaire turned around, he was lucky the ref didn't stop the fight.

The ref also seemed surprised when Donaire popped up. I think he joined in with everyone else and wanted the fight to continue!

5. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

Nery maybe Tete probably not

6. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Nery with his Mexican PED clearance?

ironfist05 likes this.
  7. deucesarewild

deucesarewild Blue Belt

I hope everyone recognizes that even in defeat someone can be elevated based on their performance. We've seen it before with Duran taking Hagler the distance and we see it here with Donaire's top level performance against one of the most dangerous punchers in the game. In a p4p sense people are literally rating Inoue highest right now. And he's a two handed hitter with great skills, set ups and punch selection. Donaire was able to box well and to punch with him. He hurt Inoue qnd made him work harder than any one else.

No one, and I say no one in recent memory has redeemed himself more in defeat than Nonito Donaire. The boxing expert-fans who know best and loving playing the Sunday morning general from their arm chair were so quick to say this and that about Donaire, but the 36 (one week from 37) year old that has voluntarily drug tested 365/24/7 has more in him than a lot of other guys. He went to the younger, more dangerous, peaking champ's backyard, drug tested himself constantly, was on the downslope of his own career, and pulled out what is arguably the performance of the year (easily top 5 of the year, must be in the top 3).

Donaire has no pretense, no ego, no swagger of bragging (even when he was an A side top of his game fighter). Let's remember he could have waited on Rigo, but he didn't. Rigo brought NO money to the fight. Donaire fought him anyway and didn't run up some superficial reasoning about stats or money or this or that. Yeah, he lost but who cares? Fight the real best at their actual best. Some of the highest profile fighters are actually high-profile divas.

We need to give the guys like Donaire more respect. But let's be real: they are fossils already on their way to extinction. It's too easy to take clenbuterol or fight exclusively in one venue only, or to say other fighters need to earn their spot to fight them.

In a shit sport where elite fighters try to muddle things, Donaire is special.

8. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

So Inoue has a fractured eye socket and fractures under the nose which is no surprise. He said he was seeing double from the 2nd round. It will be interesting to see the effect this has in his future fights.

9. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Even more respect for the guy, Donaire seems to have belief when he's the bigger man. It's sweet to learn a fighter can take it too.

10. aries

aries Silver Belt

Hearing that makes me more impressed with Inoue then I already was. He didn't look like a fighter seeing double but that would explain why he got caught as much as he did. But I'm concerned for what that means for his career going forward. Kell Brook suffered a broken orbital vs. GGG then went and got the other orbital broken vs Spence and never looked the same.

Buddy Revell, Jhonni5, Sano and 2 others like this.
  11. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Yeah, the guy is poetry in motion, hope he's not brittle. No such thing as the perfect fighter, I guess!?

12. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

true, but facing GGG and spence back to back is brutal. brook didn't really have much choice if i recall correctly, spence was his mandatory. so it was either drop the belt or fight him.

i think naoya's handlers will be smart enough to make sure he heals up and gets a softball opponent in his next fight. it's not like anyone's begging to fight him anyway.

13. asdffdsa

asdffdsa Brown Belt

Damn completely missed this one. Looked like there was some good back and forth action based on the highlights. Inoue's chin held up to some solid shots.

14. baconCrunch

baconCrunch Brown Belt

well, he also lost (slaughtered) by both guys

15. Tapatio

Tapatio So hawt

Turns out Donaire broke Inoue's orbital and nose. Man, is that kid tough!

16. Sano

Sano Red Belt

Amazing fight. What surprised me the most was how they matched up power wise.

Seems like Inoue deliberately fought on the back foot for the first few rounds and wanted to test himself. He put himself against the ropes on purpose and let Doniare get off. However, as he started feeling Doniares power he realised he couldn't do that. At the same time, he realised that he was hurting Doniare with his shots as he usually does so he couldn't just push forward either. It forced him into fighting in a space we haven't really seen that much before, he had to outbox him.

Respect to both, Doniare looked the best he had in years. So clean, so determined. And Inoue is a true champion, especially considering the injury.

Yacob and Jhonni5 like this.
  17. aries

aries Silver Belt

Yeah they should let him heal up properly. I wouldn't want to see his career ruined by rushing him.

18. aries

aries Silver Belt

Oh I know. I was just comparing the injury because that is what happened to Brook twice. Inoue might have a facial structure that makes him more prone to getting it broke again.

19. deucesarewild

deucesarewild Blue Belt

Could have just been predisposed to having his face busted easily so when a big puncher came along it was going to happen anyway. GGG and Spence both have a thud to their shots, not a snap, from what I have observed ignorantly from the side. That type of power will affect their one being hit differently than the speeding snapshots.

20. droolingliver

droolingliver Blue Belt

Classy from both guys. Naoya let Nonito take home the trophy to show his kids.

https://www.the42.ie/inoue-v-donaire-4884316-Nov2019/

Donaire is in the running for fight of the year and father of the year.

The Sign, Yacob, PHATV and 2 others like this.