Naoya Inoue Vs Nonito Donaire

I bet him live so odds had declined significantly, and I was at work during the fight so I couldn't really watch and take full advantage.

I was planning on betting some more (due to having free bet credit that I need to multiply before withdrawing) and watching it live but I read the other thread wrongly as 6 pm est instead of 6 am<FutbolThink>

Great fight. I think it was more a case of Donaire turning back the clock for one last big fight vs Inoue not being as good as advertised. Inoue showed a great chin, heart and stamina. As for Donaire, that beating he survived in the 11th was crazy, not many fighters would have survived that. Props to both guys for a great fight and a great show of class and respect after the fight.

lol there are weebs in boxing fandom?

<{you!}>

Great fight. I think it was more a case of Donaire turning back the clock for one last big fight vs Inoue not being as good as advertised. Inoue showed a great chin, heart and stamina. As for Donaire, that beating he survived in the 11th was crazy, not many fighters would have survived that. Props to both guys for a great fight and a great show of class and respect after the fight.
Donaire made the monster human.

Gotcha. It wasn’t on the front page so I figured no one was really talking about.

Still surprising there isn’t more buzz. Inoue is sizing up to be GOAT in that weight class if he stays on trajectory. However, I know the lower weight classes aren’t nearly as popular.
Because Queen B gave it that stupid title name "InoGOAT" and no one wanted to post in there

Donaire made the monster human.
but is that truly a knock on him?

he still fought a very good fight. his defense was clearly lacking in spots as he got clipped a couple of times, but he still showed very good technique, speed, power, and durability. and even then, whenever he got hit cleanly, he didn't let nonito capitalize on it and evaded all the following punches. it's not that he can't be good defensively, we saw plenty of brilliant defensive maneuvers from him in this fight. but he fights aggressively and aggressive fighters get hit. that's the nature of the game.

i think this fight told us more about how much of a badass nonito is than about how the monster is human.

Ref robbed Inoue of a KO when he blocked Donaire's retreat.

I noticed that. He like belly-bumped Inoue shielding him from going after Donaire following the liver shot. I was like "what is he doing, Donaire can go down but if he doesn't you don't stop Inoue". Robbed of a KO might be a little strong, though.

Yea, I agree. That "aura" of Inoue suddenly disappeared after this fight. He looked beatable.

But boy he can box really good.

I noticed that. He like belly-bumped Inoue shielding him from going after Donaire following the liver shot. I was like "what is he doing, Donaire can go down but if he doesn't you don't stop Inoue". Robbed of a KO might be a little strong, though.

I noticed that as well, I could only think of a standing 8 count. But I didn't think they utilize that in bouts anymore.

I don't believe he was robbed a KO either, Donaire wouldn't just taken the knee earlier as he was still watching.

I was counting with the ref at the time and I thought he said 10, edge of my seat material.

Great fight. Inoue is good but clearly a bit of a hype job. An OLD Donaire took him to the brink. Donaire took his foot off the gas when he had inoue hurt in the 8th. Prime Rigo makes inoue look like a bum.

I noticed that as well, I could only think of a standing 8 count. But I didn't think they utilize that in bouts anymore.

I don't believe he was robbed a KO either, Donaire wouldn't just taken the knee earlier as he was still watching.

I was counting with the ref at the time and I thought he said 10, edge of my seat material.
Another good point. I thought he hit 10 as well.

Are the divisions Inoue's fought at weak, or is he just that far above everyone else at the weights?

Zolani Tete would be a good fight for Inoue.
I think Luis Nery beats both.

Zolani Tete would be a good fight for Inoue.
I think Luis Nery beats both.

that's just a uneducated comment
you're just hating

why is luis nery even considered in the same class as inoue
the same guy who struggled with a guy that inoue starched, and has fought no one close the level of donaire
considering he cheated twice, came in 2 wgt classes overwgt, was on PEDS, and still maybe

how many fighters are out there who go out this aggressively, looking for the finish?

the problem with boxing today, is that most guys are defensive, conservative. or bouts with one guy not engaging..
we got 2 world class fighters looking for the finish. donaire was a bigger man. inoue fought through a early cut.

thats a blessing man. but some idiots here still complaining and hating.
on the real, people who know boxing have affirmed the monsters pfp status.

Back