Naoya Inoue Vs Nonito Donaire

Protagoras

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This fight is tomorrow, and I don’t see anyone talking about it.

Who do you think takes it? Obvious answer seems to be Inoue, but Nonito could surprise us. Frankly, I thought he was done after the loss to Walters, so I’m surprised to see him in the ring with Inoue.

To be fair though, I haven’t really followed the tournament very well, and am not that knowledgeable about guys in that weight class.

Anyone want to shed some light on what Donaire’s real chances are?

Inoue is a killer, fast, strong, smart and punches with crazy power. He's the younger, faster fighter. Donaire never really lived up to the hype he generated a few years ago, and was broken by Rigondeaux and Walters. Nonito still has a potent left hook, so it's not hopeless, but I just can't see Inoue allowing himself to eat a clean one...I think Inoue stops Donaire early. Inoue KO4.

I don't like how much respect Donaire has for Inoue.

The Donaire that lost to Frampton gets starched by Inoue.

I'm really not liking this 5 AM (Eastern) main card start time. That said I'll take Inoue inside the distance and early. Donaire's left hook could come into play so you can't count him out. It'll be fun while it lasts.

Great fight....But Naoya nearly got finished by an aging Donaire.

The wise elders assured us Inoue would run through Donaire in less than 6 rds. Inoue's a very good fighter but he gets way too much hype here like certain other fighters.

A 28 year old Donaire lays waste to Inoue.

Its the fight naoya needed. Chin is proven. He will be back stronger and better than ever.

Hats off to donaire, showed a great chin, he really took some clean shots to the head and body.

The wise elders assured us Inoue would run through Donaire in less than 6 rds. Inoue's a very good fighter but he gets way too much hype here like certain other fighters.

Name me one great fighter who never struggled early on in their career. Great way to write someone off after they win. It happens in boxing where a once great fighter can turn the clock back

have you seen inoue's previous fights?

i refuse to believe anyone who has paid any attention to this kid wasn't hyped about him.

and actually, anyone who has any sense whatsoever still is.

I honestly think Inoue probably didnt take this fight serious being he was an undeafeated fighter, people in his ear, watching the media say how great he is, knowing Donaire is out of his prime/older. Monster been KOing everyone up to this point. His confidence is at an all time high. But i feel like Inoue needed a fight like this to show him thats hes not invinceible and theres ppl out there that can put up a fight. But hopefully he takes this win as a lesson. Inoue is the future forsure that boy showed a lot today and respect to Donaire future HOF

Lol. The excuses are already flowing and their guy won. So far I've heard Donaire is big for the division, Inoue didn't take him seriously, Inoue is early in his career. No doubt Inoue will have a few in the coming days.

It's what happens when certain fighters have cult followers and over hype them. They've brainwashed themselves. It doesn't click with them that maybe their guy isn't this 'monster' they claim.

Doesn't seem that you got very good odds for the Inoue decision?
Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 20.26.31.png

I was impressed, I knew Donaire would be a much harder fight than given credit for. With this win he hasn't moved up on my p4p list though, I still have him at #7. As someone else already mentioned I would be interested in a Rigo fight next!

1. Canelo
2. Loma
3. Crawford
4. Usyk
5. Estrada
6. Spence
7. Inoue
8. GGG
9. Garcia
10. Beterbiev

Doesn't seem that you got very good odds for the Inoue decision?
View attachment 673761

I was impressed, I knew Donaire would be a much harder fight than given credit for. With this win he hasn't moved up on my p4p list though, I still have him at #7. As someone else already mentioned I would be interested in a Rigo fight next!

1. Canelo
2. Loma
3. Crawford
4. Usyk
5. Estrada
6. Spence
7. Inoue
8. GGG
9. Garcia
10. Beterbiev

I bet him live so odds had declined significantly, and I was at work during the fight so I couldn't really watch and take full advantage.

Back