Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire 2 June 7th In Japan

Respect Donaire for those gigantic pair of balls but hes going to get worked
I think this is the perfect fight for Donaire to show his greatness one last time. He never really got the respect he was due because of being in Pacquiao's shadow. This is the best opportunity to have a fight similar to Morales vs Maidana old bull vs young bull and the chance for Inoue to stamp a decisive victory over Donaire.

I think this is the perfect fight for Donaire to show his greatness one last time. He never really got the respect he was due because of being in Pacquiao's shadow. This is the best opportunity to have a fight similar to Morales vs Maidana old bull vs young bull and the chance for Inoue to stamp a decisive victory over Donaire.

I would agree if that fight hadnt already happened before. And even with Donaires size advantage his age will become apparent in this fight. The same way Mosley became old against Floyd or Sergio against Cotto or Wlad against AJ. Sometimes age really does matter and 39 years is OLD in boxing.

I would agree if that fight hadnt already happened before. And even with Donaires size advantage his age will become apparent in this fight. The same way Mosley became old against Floyd or Sergio against Cotto or Wlad against AJ. Sometimes age really does matter and 39 years is OLD in boxing.
Sergio didn't suddenly age over night. His knees were both injured, do you not recall social media going "WHAT ARE THOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" to his knee braces in the build up to the fight?

https://www.boxingscene.com/naoya-inoue-vs-nonito-donaire-rematch-negotiations-april-japan--163508

A bantamweight championship unification bout between WBA, IBF and Ring Magazine titlist Naoya Inoue and WBC crownholder Nonito Donaire is currently in negotiations to be staged for April in Japan, Donaire promoter and Probellum CEO Richard Schaefer told BoxingScene.com in an interview on Monday.

thanks

@BoxingBuddha
Inoue by TKO this time, doubt he'll get another broken orbital, cut in his eye and a broken nose

I mean he couldnt get a better win if he somehow pulls it off, just feels like hes going to go out on his shield here. I dont give him a very good chance.

I still can't believe the first fight went to the cards. Top 5 fights of the past decade tho

This one ends brutally..either Donaire rides off into the sunset with another spectacular KO or Inoue brutally ends his career

I still can't believe the first fight went to the cards. Top 5 fights of the past decade tho

This one ends brutally..either Donaire rides off into the sunset with another spectacular KO or Inoue brutally ends his career

To be fair the first one should have been inside the distance. The ref got to 8 or 9 and then forgot how to count.

To be fair the first one should have been inside the distance. The ref got to 8 or 9 and then forgot how to count.
Yeah I'm surprised more people weren't talking about that ref getting to 10 and being like well fuck it, keep going.

Yeah I'm surprised more people weren't talking about that ref getting to 10 and being like well fuck it, keep going.

That's how you know who watches boxing, and who just watches HW fights. Getting someone to the neutral corner, and then starting the count gets all the "experts" complaining, but getting to 9 and thinking "wait, what comes after 9?" gets forgotten instantly.

the count was suspect, but what was weirder was that the ref pushed naoya away when he swarmed nonito, but then didn't start the count because donaire hadn't taken the knee yet.

donaire had 17 seconds between the ref stepping in and him getting up. 20 seconds before the fight got restarted.

I mean he couldnt get a better win if he somehow pulls it off, just feels like hes going to go out on his shield here. I dont give him a very good chance.
Everyone always has a chance to win, but I don't see Nonito winning this unless he gets very very lucky and Inoue slips on a banana peel and falls into an uppercut.

Inoue is better than Donaire everywhere, the problem is to beat Donaire “the right way” you need to box him and get away from his left, if you attack Donaire recklessly you die, simple as that.

The fun part about Inoue vs Donaire is that even if Inoue is way better than those who have had an easier time vs Donaire than he did, he will always choose to attack and put himself in harms way against donaire every single round, you just know he will, we love him for it.

And it gives nonito a legit chance at an epic victory.

But let’s be realistic here, Donaire gets KOd

Looking forward to this one. Someone is getting their wig split. I don't see a decision this time around.

i think there were 2 big factors in the 1st fight
inoue lost 1/2 his vision early, but still pulled off the win - based on physical superiority and instinct.
inoue miscalculated donaire's size/distance.

it's fairly clear that inoue is superior to donaire at everything, except experience.
i believe the adjustments will be made this time around.

Excellent fight, and win or lose the best retirement match Donaire could get. However this is realistically a puncher's chance sort of match, I hope Nonito has one more great match left in him.

Back