Naoya Inoue vs. Juan Carlos Payano and Relikh vs Troyanovsky on Oct.7 in WBSS (Japan)(DAZN

don't know much about payano, is he a legitimate threat?

i want to say inoue by KO but i don't want to look foolish.

In a word, maybe.

At the very least, he's game.

In a word, maybe.

thanks.

mcdonnell was going to be a test, especially for the first fight moving up, and we all know how that turned out. still, i'm excited to see inoue with someone who manages to actually fight back. so far he's been pretty much destroying everyone.

Payano's the guy who won & lost vs Rau'shee Warren?

[Checks Boxrec]

Ah. Inoue late stoppage.

I think Burnett's gonna be a (strategically!) interesting fight, simply 'cos with Adam Booth in the corner he's not gonna go near Inoue all night. I don't expect him to win but I do expect him to make Naoya look bad.

Conversely I think that if Tete doesn't land a bomb early, he's gonna get put out violently by the Japanese fighter. I think Tete's one of those guys who rely too much on the physical advantages (speed, length & power) & he's just not a good enough boxer to handle what Inoue's gonna bring (& Inoue'll be negating those things that Tete relies on, if you see what I mean).

In a word, maybe.

Payano is definitely game but I don't give him much of a shot against Inoue. His best hope is to use his high volume attack to outpoint Inoue (Inoue has shown moments of defensive lapses and being backed up), and I expect him to win a few rounds, but I think Inoue's footwork and slickness will keep him out of any significant trouble. His body work will set in after a few rounds and he'll probably TKO Payano. He has a reach advantage, so Payano will have to be moving forward for most of it, and I just don't see that being a positive for him (he was never much of a puncher to begin with anyhow).

Good fight, for Inoue. I am riding with him all the way, I think he will win this tournament.

Good fight, for Inoue. I am riding with him all the way, I think he will win this tournament.
I agree with this, I have Inoue taking the whole thing. I'm guessing Inoue Tete in the finals?

Also, does anyone know if these will be streamed or how they'll air? I remember reading something about some type of broadcast deal but I cannot remember what.

I don't know many of the names in this tournament. At a distance, it really seems like Inoue's to lose. I hope it is competitive and we get some undisputed and unified champs coming out of it. I really hope these tournies become more commonplace, too. Look at the rising stock of the CW's because of it.

They just need a better way to access them on streaming platforms, or it is just me, anf I can't seem to ever find them (except illegally).

I don't know many of the names in this tournament. At a distance, it really seems like Inoue's to lose. I hope it is competitive and we get some undisputed and unified champs coming out of it. I really hope these tournies become more commonplace, too. Look at the rising stock of the CW's because of it.

They just need a better way to access them on streaming platforms, or it is just me, anf I can't seem to ever find them (except illegally).
i also enjoy the promo stuff they put on youtube. there was a bunch of videos produced through the CW tournament that were really well put together.

get hype!!

inoue-payano_1.jpg

After the bouts in Japan, the remaining ten quarter-finals will be held in pairs over the following Saturdays in locations around the globe that will be announced over the next few weeks.

Inoue is a top 5 p4p fighter and a killer. I am picking him by KO.

Back