Naoya Inoue is hands down the FOTY

You tubed the Fight , it was impressive , yes Narvaez is faded , but still he was facing a 21 year old moving up 2 weight classes and he got smoked

a Guy he beat last year just won a world title few minutes ago .

FOTY
inoue has not only KO/TKOed the best in his division
he put a complete, dominating clinic on all of them
speed, reach, monster power, footwork, and he hardly gets hit
not a single weakness

in fact, narvaez and his corner put in a claim after the fight that
inoue's punch is so hard, his gloves must have some foreign substance in it..
they checked, and found nothing.. haha

FOTY
not a single weakness

I think that there are still SFlW's that he needs to face. Nietes, for instance. I'd also still like to see the Inoue/Ioka showdown we had all been hoping for before Ioka lost. If Ioka can get back on the winning side, that's a fight I would love to see.

You lack perspective. Manny Pacquaio entered the year an elite talent. He only beat fighters around his perceived level. Inoue was nobody, and destroys the consensus number one guys at two different weights. Completely blows them out of the water.

Sorry, but that tops beating two guys you were supposed to beat.

Inoue was not a nobody. He was all over magazine covers and seen as a potential superstar boxer. Maybe a nobody to people who don't care about 108 pounds, or Japanese fighters. Boxing fans certainly knew of him.

Hernandez was not #1 consensus light flyweight. How do you figure that? Donnie Nietes was every bit his equal, and probably better. Gonzalez and Ioka were just moving up from 108, both of which were universally regarded as clearly better than Hernnadez at the start of the year.

Did you see the betting odds for Inoue-Narvaez? Inoue was as high as 12-1 and just about everywhere at least a 7-1 favorite. He WAS expected to trash Narvaez. Pacquiao was about the same against Algieri. Inoue was 6-1 favorite against Hernandez, and Pacquiao just a 3-1 against Bradley. Nice try, bro.

Inoue was not a nobody. He was all over magazine covers and seen as a potential superstar boxer. Maybe a nobody to people who don't care about 108 pounds, or Japanese fighters. Boxing fans certainly knew of him.

Hernandez was not #1 consensus light flyweight. How do you figure that? Donnie Nietes was every bit his equal, and probably better. Gonzalez and Ioka were just moving up from 108, both of which were universally regarded as clearly better than Hernnadez at the start of the year.

Did you see the betting odds for Inoue-Narvaez? Inoue was as high as 12-1 and just about everywhere at least a 7-1 favorite. He WAS expected to trash Narvaez. Pacquiao was about the same against Algieri. Inoue was 6-1 favorite against Hernandez, and Pacquiao just a 3-1 against Bradley. Nice try, bro.

But the difference is that Pacquiao didn't treat them like underdogs. I mean yea he beat both, he beat Algieri convincingly, but he was far from dominant against Bradley in one of the sloppiest fights in recent memory.

Crawford was a massive favorite against Beltran, Beltran was an 8-1 underdog, and that fight went to a distance.

Inoue treated his opponents like like they were massive underdogs by blowing them out of the water. The performances speak for themselves.

FOTY
not a single weakness

Link?

Inoue vs Gonzalez would be an awesome fight, who you got?

I think that there are still SFlW's that he needs to face. Nietes, for instance. I'd also still like to see the Inoue/Ioka showdown we had all been hoping for before Ioka lost. If Ioka can get back on the winning side, that's a fight I would love to see.

inoue is on a different level than ioka, in every category

realistically, i think gonzales will fight inoue in japan soon,
maybe couple more fights, earliest, end of 2015?..

inoue is on a different level than ioka, in every category

realistically, i think gonzales will fight inoue in japan soon,
maybe couple more fights, earliest, end of 2015?..

Firstly, my mistake for saying SFlWS, meant to say JFLWs.

Secondly, I don't think the Ioka hype deserves to fall off this hard. Yes, he lost to ruenroeng, but it was only a little while back that people were talking about his body punching being some of the best in the sport right now. I'd still love to see this fight.

Gonzalez/Inoue is a fantastic fight to make. That's assuming Gonzalez doesn't stick around at FlW to fight Sosa like I've heard rumors of.

Back