Crime Nancy Pelosi & The Butchers of Beijing: Top Gun Maverack

Yeah, Pelosi is one if your people (i.e. Catholic). She's always been a socialite but basically raised an entire family of five children before running for public office and didn't get elected to Congress until she was 47 years old. There's never been a more staunch opponent of the CCP, nor a stronger advocate for fighting HIV/AIDS and it isn't even close.

I was getting a bit disheartened about the state of western awareness of what's to come in regards to China.

I was getting a bit disheartened about the state of western awareness of what's to come in regards to China.

The die has been all but cast, though it's important to know who fought (and still does) when the course of history was being determined. Pelosi is a damn powerful woman and politician but the US government is not a dictatorship. She was often up against the White House and both chambers of Congress when it came to dealing with the CCP. Chinese state media was still attacking her as recently as last week. <45>

I was getting pretty despondent about western leadership readiness for what's to come with China.

I was getting pretty despondent about western leadership readiness for what's to come with China.
I am shook!

Imagine if Clinton or Bush (or Biden) had this stance, @bobgeese.

"The President's decision to extend Most Favored Nation (MFN) trade status to China demonstrates business as usual in U.S.- China policy. I am disappointed that President Clinton has chosen to continue a failed policy. Since he delinked trade from human rights three years ago, the human rights situation in China and Tibet has deteriorated, the U.S. trade deficit with China has soared, and China's authoritarian government has continued its sale of biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons technology.

Unfortunately, once again, the Administration has chosen to hold U.S.-China policy hostage to the profits of a few exporting elites at the expense of most products made in America. Instead, we should have a policy of sustainable engagement, an engagement which sustains our economy, our values and the safety of our world.

President Clinton's China speech was masterful in its craftiness in whitewashing China's record. With this speech, President Clinton has tried to justify the failure of his trade policy and the failure of his human rights policy with a fiction of China's cooperation on proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.

The President cited the importance of the U.S.-China trade relationship. Yet, he ignores the burgeoning U.S. trade deficit with China of $50 billion in 1997, conservatively estimated to be $63 billion in 1998. He speaks of growth in U.S. exports to China, but is silent on the overshadowing growth in U.S. imports from China.

And, unbelievably the President is even saying that China is moving toward becoming a thriving democracy. Yet, he ignores the continued pattern of repression -- the arrest, detention, exile or harassment of those peacefully expressing their political or religious beliefs in China and Tibet -- by the Chinese government. The forced exile of two prominent dissidents doth not a democracy make."
~ Nancy "Foresight" Pelosi

What is your take on China?

You dont trust them?

My beef is how they treat religious minorities... Christians, Muslim, Falun Gong.

How they treated the Nigerians during the covid outbreak was disgusting.

Im not down with any kind of "supremacy" be it black white, Sunni or whatever so the whole Han Supremacy thing is repulsive to me. Even more so is the soft colonization they are initiating in African countries. (Although that has more to do with shitty African leadership that allows it to happen.)

In my country they have their fingers in real estate, they intimidate Chinese-Canadians when they speak up against CCP fuckery, and they steal tech.

In short: Fuck China. Free Tibet. Democracy for Hong Kong.

Motherfuck
that rotten-ass regime

My beef is how they treat religious minorities... Christians, Muslim, Falun Gong.

How they treated the Nigerians during the covid outbreak was disgusting.

Im not down with any kind of "supremacy" be it black white, Sunni or whatever so the whole Han Supremacy thing is repulsive to me. Even more so is the soft colonization they are initiating in African countries. (Although that has more to do with shitty African leadership that allows it to happen.)

In my country they have their fingers in real estate, they intimidate Chinese-Canadians when they speak up against CCP fuckery, and they steal tech.

In short: Fuck China. Free Tibet. Democracy for Hong Kong.

Motherfuck
that rotten-ass regime

Oh, quite timely. You read what the former governor of Nigeria's central bank had to say about them? China so benevolent.

"Nigeria, a country with a large domestic market of more than 160m people, spends huge resources importing consumer goods from China that should be produced locally. We buy textiles, fabric, leather goods, tomato paste, starch, furniture, electronics, building materials and plastic goods. I could go on. The Chinese, on the other hand, buy Nigeria’s crude oil. In much of Africa, they have set up huge mining operations and have also built infrastructure. But, with exceptions, they have done so using equipment and labour imported from home, without transferring skills to local communities.

So China takes our primary goods and sells us manufactured ones. This was also the essence of colonialism. The British went to Africa and India to secure raw materials and markets. Africa is now willingly opening itself up to a new form of imperialism. The days of the non-aligned movement that united us after colonialism are gone. China is no longer a fellow underdeveloped economy - it is the world’s second biggest, capable of the same forms of exploitation as the west. It is a significant contributor to Africa’s deindustrialisation and underdevelopment."

Would be great if she actually got her way and forced Biden to act tough. Amazing how much hypocrisy there was on China til recently. Clinton said H Bush had blood on his hands for doing trade with China, then goes ahead and trades with China. There is corruption and I understand some levels of it will occur, but helping China is not OK. Glad Pelosi has been consistent here.

This reminded me of what you said about HK investment.

Wasn’t her Chinese driver a spie?

<Dany07>

No, you're thinking of Dianne Feinstein. She's also based out of San Francisco but "works" in the other chamber of US Congress. They have almost polar opposite views on the CCP and what American policy should be towards it that spans decades of opposition. Feinstein was just calling China "a respectable nation" last year while Pelosi was being Pelosi (post above). As an aside, Feinstein came to national attention in the aftermath of this.

Just got a Huawei tablet as a present from my girl.
This is totally fucking with my Fuck China SMH

They've come a pretty long way. Huawei's founder was also a high ranking military technologist in the People's Liberation Army.

Salamander <3 CCP

<Dany07>

No, you're thinking of Dianne Feinstein. She's also based out of San Francisco but "works" in the other chamber of US Congress. They have almost polar opposite views on the CCP and what American policy should be towards it that spans decades of opposition. Feinstein was just calling China "a respectable nation" last year while Pelosi was being Pelosi (post above). As an aside, Feinstein came to national attention in the aftermath of this.

Yeah that’s her.

Ok if I ever get a chance to punch her in the face, I’ll hold back a little instead of going all out H-bomb

They've come a pretty long way. Huawei's founder was also a high ranking military technologist in the People's Liberation Army.

Salamander <3 CCP

In your view, would it be safe to use?

Is there any kind of software that can protect it from fuckery?

In your view, would it be safe to use?

Is there any kind of software that can protect it from fuckery?

I personally wouldn't buy their shit but that's more out of a silly sense of patriotism. You should be alright tbh, it's packed full of American and Taiwan made components. I'd start worrying a lot more about Huawei when China starts producing their own core technology and has end-to-end control over the manufacturing of their products.

This is a damn shame IMO. There is nobody in the wings to fill the void, certainly not at the level of Pelosi for the last 30 years; using whatever influence, power and voice she has to oppose the CCP on basically every level that it concerns national interests and human rights.

http://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/11/18/nancy-pelosi-house-speaker-second-term-437119

Speaker Nancy Pelosi easily secured her caucus’ nomination to lead the House of Representatives on Wednesday and later seemed to reaffirm that this would be her last term as speaker, a jolting revelation after nearly two decades in power.

If, in fact, this will be Pelosi’s last two years as speaker it would be a fitting denouement for a woman who became the first female House speaker in history in 2007 and then reclaimed the top post in 2018 after being discounted by critics, consolidating the power of the speakership this Congress in a way not seen in decades.

“When that conversation took place, there was a move to put limits on the leadership and the chairs of committees. What I said then is whether it passes or not, I will abide by those limits that are there,” Pelosi told reporters. “I don’t want to undermine any leverage I may have, but I made the statement.”

“If my husband is listening, don’t let me have to be more specific than that, because we never expected to have another term now,” Pelosi added, noting none of her members asked if this would be her last term before Wednesday’s vote.

Back