Crime Nancy Pelosi & The Butchers of Beijing: Top Gun Maverack

Even she was young once. IDK, I think she looked fab.

20210113-044705.png

515f14fbecad043b16000005.jpg

You know JFK hit that;)

Even she was young once. IDK, I think she looked fab.

20210113-044705.png

515f14fbecad043b16000005.jpg
Yeah she was beautiful once although that top picture makes er look like a crazy person mixed with a deer in headlights. Good for her speaking out about china though personally i would have stayed silent and enjoyed my fun times with my chinese spy/handler :)

And to you for the acknowledgement, that's really the aim of the thread and I guess maybe to calm concerns about "Beijing Biden" (though I'm skeptical of the legitimacy of that). There's tons of absolute nonsense said about Pelosi perpetually on here, specifically in regards to the CCP. I can't imagine where it comes from given the overtly spiteful history between her and China's ruling party, for several consecutive decades and literally into present day. I don't care if people don't like her as a legislator and politician on domestic issues - I'm sure they have their gripes - but on China? GTFO, that's geopolitics and a matter of national interests.

You give credit when it's due and I can't help but being impressed. We are all working (hopefully) towards the same goal and it looks like we are taking a step in the right direction here

I wonder if the 1996 "Chinagate" controversy that funneled Chinese money to the DNC was the source of her continuing disdain for the CCP? She's noticeably absent from any mention of that on either side, and she was only 9 years into her Congressional career.

I'm not above eating a serving of Crow concerning Nancy Pelosi if she is this anti-CCP. I still think that she needs to GTFO of politics as do other "for life" Congress appointees.

hail Deorum, ayup. i've said it before and i'll say it again; Nancy Pelosi is a badass.
That bitch eats expensive ice cream I fucking hate her.

It's fucking nuts that she actually did end up meeting with pro-democracy dissidents on this trip in a rebuke to a specific request from the regime, especially given how far she had risen - second in line to POTUS - since the 1991 spectacle in Tiananmen Square. It was so -technically- inappropriate, unprofessional and absolutely awesome.

http://www.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSTRE54Q1N020090527

27 May 2009

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese protesters gave a raucous welcome for House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday, painting red slogans and crying out for the lawmaker to live up to her reputation as a foe of human rights abuses.

Demonstrations over everything from pollution to crime are common in China, but rare in front of major government offices in tightly controlled Beijing. Some of the protesters spray-painted red slogans on the main gate of the State Council Information Office reading “Pelosi, we love you” “Warmly welcome Pelosi, pay attention to human rights” and “Down with corruption.”

“We hope that the U.S. speaker Pelosi will speak out for the human rights of Chinese people, that she won’t be afraid to defend us,” said protester Chen Fengqiang, 51, from the southern Guangdong province.

is this because she hates Feinstein?

I don't think she does, but they've been at odds over the CCP for virtually their entire political careers. I think this pretty much sums it up:

While fellow Bay Area resident Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein was hosting a 1997 Blair House reception for her "oldest friend in China" - President Jiang Zemin - Pelosi was across the street at a protest denouncing him as a despot. "What do they expect me to say?" Pelosi asked. "That it's not OK for a Republican president to coddle dictators, but it's OK for a Democrat?"

Oh, yeah.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Husband-invested-in-China-as-Feinstein-pushed-3051244.php

An investment fund backed by the husband of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein pumped millions of dollars into firms doing business in China while Feinstein was boosting expanded trade between China and the United States, The Examiner has learned. Feinstein has denied that her husband, San Francisco financier Richard C. Blum, has investments in China.

Public records show a venture capital firm backed by Blum's investment bank owns millions of dollars worth of stock in corporations doing business in China. The firm is Newbridge Capital, a joint venture between Richard C. Blum & Associates and another firm called Texas Pacific Group. It maintains an office in Shanghai for an affiliate called Newbridge Asia, public records show.

And in the past two years, the firm has pumped more than $400 million in U.S. venture capital into East Asian businesses in hopes of profiting from the region's rebounding economy.

I wonder if the 1996 "Chinagate" controversy that funneled Chinese money to the DNC was the source of her continuing disdain for the CCP? She's noticeably absent from any mention of that on either side, and she was only 9 years into her Congressional career.

Yeah what about that? That should have been a huge scandal even other countries are involved like the Mark Jiminez guy a camapaign adviser to Philippine president Estrada who was link to Chinese donnors and the clinton campaign as well.

Its like a network of bribery.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB933232961967125965

Pelosi didn't really get along too well with the Clinton family. Two of her biggest issues when Bill was running for POTUS were all things China (economic, geopolitical, social) and gay rights. She felt he broke promises by taking a U-Turn on them once he got into the White House, especially considering he ran on revoking China's MFN (most favored nation) trade status. Both "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and the "Defense Of Marriage Act" were also implemented and/or passed while he was in office.

It's fucking nuts that she actually did end up meeting with pro-democracy dissidents on this trip in a rebuke to a specific request from the regime, especially given how far she had risen - second in line to POTUS - since the 1991 spectacle in Tiananmen Square. It was so -technically- inappropriate, unprofessional and absolutely awesome.

hiya there Deorum,

all that is true, my friend.

*muses*

the thing is, its not just Nancy Pelosi. Mr. Schumer has a record of being a Chinahawk, also.

Mr. Schumer was openly critical of the Obama administration for not putting enough teeth into the proposed TransPacific Partnership, half a decade ago.

Chuck wanted to go after China, hard, on their currency manipulation.

there's a healthy record of the Democrats in congress being rather wary of China. its definitely not been a solid column of neo-liberal corporatists.

- IGIT

Something doesn't add up here , right wingers have been telling us Pelosi is an evil Commie for years , if that were true wouldn't she love the CCP ?

The issue is that she doesn't hate the Chinese people, and she is mostly opposed to the right things (the atrocious human rights record, mainly). Rightists tend to be fine with human rights abuses but to dislike Chinese people coming to America. I know Pelosi was A) supportive of the idea of doing something about Chinese trade practices but B) opposed to Trump's particularly dumb approach to it. Not sure if she's generally anti-trade with China, which some of the idiot right also is.

Yep. One of the few redeeming qualities about her. Got to give credit and props when it is due. Any American should be anti-CCP.

TL;DR: The easiest thread I'll ever start because it requires so little actual analysis or knowledge. It's simply a matter of historical and political record, fact and reality. So, grab you favorite ice cream and take a stroll through Chinatown, this is a mere partial chronology of the most staunchly Anti-CCP politician in American history.

p1.jpg

As you can see, that's a headline from 15 years ago. 15 years prior to that, Pelosi was literally - and illegally - protesting the regime (see this thread) in the middle of Tiananmen Square as a sitting US congresswoman 1991; she openly fought against both the George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton administration(s) to revoke China's "most favored nation" trade status; opposed permanent "normalized" relations with the country while America was getting deindustrialized and its light manufacturing offshored (see this thread too); was the most vocal opponent of and voted against the PNTR bill in 2000 that all but approved the CCP joining the WTO...

She wrote various Op-Eds in major newspapers denouncing CCP Presidents as tyrants when they made official state visits to the US; called for boycott of the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympics; broke decorum for all the right reasons and met with pro-democracy dissidents while on official business to China as Speaker of the House while Obama was POTUS. Fuck, she even supported President Trump's policies, with the only caveat being a more comprehensive approach and united front of EU and East Asian allies as opposed to starting simultaneous trade wars with them.

The former stay-at-home mother of five who didn't get elected to Congress until she was nearly 50 years old rose to become the most powerful woman in the history of US politics. And as far as the CCP? She's baddest bitch to ever do it, more aggressive in her open hostility - "dozens of deliberate anti-China incidents" - than every cucked out of their mind, sell out US male politician there's ever been, on "both sides", bar none. What the fuck? Pelosi is the GOAT.
s0250.gif
It's undeniable, folx.

Excerpts:

p2.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/news/amp/Feinstein-vs-Pelosi-Over-China-Issue-S-F-2977076.php

p3.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/hdn/hrlm/p/fastly_redirect.html?dm=https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Pelosi-on-China-A-voice-in-the-global-wilderness-3082494.php

p4.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/amp/Clinton-pushes-hard-for-China-to-join-WTO-3066678.php

p5.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2006-apr-20-oe-pelosi20-story.html

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

http://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-...n-trump-administration-s-new-tariffs-on-china

<Dany07>

NP.gif

She also at one point supported single payer healthcare. She wasn't always bad.

The issue is that she doesn't hate the Chinese people, and she is mostly opposed to the right things (the atrocious human rights record, mainly). Rightists tend to be fine with human rights abuses but to dislike Chinese people coming to America. I know Pelosi was A) supportive of the idea of doing something about Chinese trade practices but B) opposed to Trump's particularly dumb approach to it. Not sure if she's generally anti-trade with China, which some of the idiot right also is.

Pelosi isn't opposed to trade with China in general, that would be an idiotic position. She's quite intelligent and rather deft; her position is far more nuanced and spelled out in greater detail. It's also been pretty damn consistent for the last three decades. She put up quite a fight - probably the biggest of anyone to ever hold elected office in US federal government - history will show that, but it's too late as @IGIT said. And yeah, she's been even more vocal on the human rights front and also realizes Chinese-Americans are a thing.

She also at one point supported single payer healthcare. She wasn't always bad.

Few people in American history have done more to expand access to affordable care than Pelosi (and most of that list is people who have been vilified by the idiot left).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back