Name three things the UFC should get rid of.

2/3rds of the oversaturation of TUF seasons
Sponsorship bans
CB Dolloway

1) So many shows - focus on making less shows but of a higher quality. They have too much talent for the shows they're making

2) Huge cage - needs to be smaller to help force more action

3) Women's fights - I am okay with watching Ronda but haven't been too entertained by any other women fights, at least in the UFC.

1. Women's division. Create a WUFC or something, don't put them in the same "league" as men, no major sport does it like the UFC is doing it right now because it's STUPID.

2. Ten point must scoring system.

3. Ban on knees on downed opponents.

1. Ring girls
2. Unified rules
3. Women's Bantamweight

hard to list just three, here are a few things i dont like...

1. way too many fighters- cutting the roster in half would lead to better, less watered down cards. UFC is supposed to be the best of the best. The cards need to be better.

2. no more WMMA on the men's cards- I feel like I'm getting ripped off a fight every time there is a WMMA fight taking up the space of what could have been a great fight. Like other sports, have the men and women at separate venues.

3. tournaments, I think a lot of people enjoy seeing these.

4. frequency top talent fights- the top fighters should be fighting at least 3 times per year, thast is what people want to see.

5. unified rules- getting rid of the unified rules would solve a couple of problems. The 10 point must system is terrible, I would prefer to have Dana himself walk into the center of the ring and decide the winner than inconsistent judges. There should be more draws to, I don't see a problem with having draws, if the fight is that close, just call it a draw instead of having a controversial decision. Also, the no knees on the ground rule is terrible (and the three point contact rule signifying a grounded opponent is just embarrassing). Another thing, this notion that top control and octagon control win a fight is absurd. It is called Ultimate FIGHTING Championship - not the Ultimate RESTRAINING Championship.

6. Too many weight classes- a ten pound difference is to small.

7. Selling wolf tickets- either via fabricating a beef between two fighters or blatantly exaggerating/hyping the abilities of fighters. I don't even mind the odd freak show matches but at least call as spade a spade.

8. cage size- needs to be smaller, there is too much back-pedalling now.

1 - Stupid hand on the mat = no knees rule

2 - Current judging system

3 - Fake hype

1 - Stupid hand on the mat = no knees rule
I'd like to see knees to the head on the ground be legalized period, but this is really all that I care about.

IF YOU ARE NOT ON *AT LEAST* ONE KNEE THEN YOU ARE NOT A FUCKING GROUNDED OPPONENT

ugh
.no more WMMA on the men's cards- I feel like I'm getting ripped off a fight every time there is a WMMA fight taking up the space of what could have been a great fight. Like other sports, have the men and women at separate venues.
Agreed wholeheartedly. The NBA and WNBA are kept separate for a reason. I don't see why MMA and WMMA should be any different.

1. Ring girls
2. Unified rules
3. Women's Bantamweight

I don't agree with any of these at all to be honest.

1. Hand on the mat = grounded opponent
2. Too many events, have quality not quantity
3. Shitty judging (no idea how to do this)

I don't agree with any of these at all to be honest.

1. Hand on the mat = grounded opponent
2. Too many events, have quality not quantity
3. Shitty judging (no idea how to do this)

Yet I agree with all of yours. Funny how things play out sometimes. Ey, chap?

#1. Bring back the ramp with smoke and pyro. Right now it looks like fighters are on their way to the check cashing joint to get more beer money.

#2. Knees/kicks while on the ground

#3. The UFC needs a new face/spokesperson. Dana can stay behind the scenes, but he's too brash and vulgar to advance the sport any further.

I'll use all three of my choices on Dana White. He's foul-mouthed, incredibly petty and exudes a lack of professionalism. What other major sports league's face/mouthpiece says the kind of stuff Dana does at press conferences? I know it's his character, but it makes the UFC look bad to have him dropping F-bombs while wearing Dead Kennedys t-shirts at what are supposed to be official press conferences and so forth.

Ring girls is the first thing they should get rid of. Sexist legacy bullshit in my opinion, they don't contribute anything but slight embarrassment when one tries to introduce other people (esp women) to the sport.

1. Women's division. Create a WUFC or something, don't put them in the same "league" as men, no major sport does it like the UFC is doing it right now because it's STUPID.

2. Ten point must scoring system.

3. Ban on knees on downed opponents.

Spot on.

The NBA and WNBA are kept separate for a reason. I don't see why MMA and WMMA should be any different.

So, essentially, you just want WMMA to go away. For the vast majority of viewers, UFC = MMA, and anything else is irrelevant. Doesn't matter if it's owned by ZUFFA, it'll never have the viewership, and with that, the money. Without the UFC brand on it, people tend to ignore it.

And men's and women's MMA is kept separate. Men fight men, women fight women. Just like the NBA and WNBA. However, because it's individual vs individual (and only 15-25 minutes per match) not team vs team (and multiple hours per game), and MMA events have more than one fight per night, they can showcase both the men and the women on the same night.

It's more like tennis, which often has male and female matches at the same event.

Yet I agree with all of yours. Funny how things play out sometimes. Ey, chap?

Yeah well everyone's got different ideas. The unified rules have their issues but if the UFC did away with them they'd struggle to get sanctioned, maybe it affects their Fox deal, sponsorship etc so for those reasons alone I'd think it's not a great idea.

horrible judges
horrible refs
horrible fighters

Yeah well everyone's got different ideas. The unified rules have their issues but if the UFC did away with them they'd struggle to get sanctioned, maybe it affects their Fox deal, sponsorship etc so for those reasons alone I'd think it's not a great idea.

You're probably right about that, but the rules still have a lot of nonsense in them. Not saying it would work out in practice to get rid of them.

Back