Name three things the UFC should get rid of.

Wmma is fine. Its better than FW and BW sometimes.

The one hand on ground rule is just anti MMA.

The current scoring system allows for messed up scoring. Eg. A fighter can beat your ass to a pulp for 2 rounds, but if you land one jab extra for the next 3 rounds. You win.

Gsp vs hendricks.
Jones vs gus
Hendricks vs lawler.

The winners above were beat up, and hurt wayy more than their opponents. But won based on points.

Hendricks was champ but lost it to Lawler.
2 WW title holders changed.

GUS should be the new LHW champ.
Glover,cormier, jones, gus, all in totally different matches.

A whole different outcome if the judging was right.
Judging mishaps like this makes people laugh at MMA and start to lose interest.

This has to be corrected before it can advance.

Not really.

For me

1. That awful background music...ho ha ho ha that old version music. I really don't like it. I think they should throw that away. They got rid of the old intro so why still keep that background music.

2. When promoting they should get rid of Country vs. Country themes. It's not good in my opinion. Pitting America against UK or something like that. For me just have it the guy from America vs. the guy from the UK or whatever etc.,

3. Fox Robot...I'll take Rogan's advice on this. I don't think they need to be putting the camera on that thing. That or they should come up with a better looking robot. That one doesn't do it for me.

Dana White

Scoring Criteria (too many points given for takedowns)

Bring back WEC and put WMMA and small weight classes on it. Put only the big fights from these weight classes in the UFC.

Should also mention rule changes (knees to the head on the ground)

Last edited:
Dana White
Scoring Criteria (too many points given for takedowns)
Bring back WEC and put WMMA and small weight classes back on it. Put only the big fights from these weight classes in the UFC.

How do you expect non hardcore MMA fans to know who these guys are when they put them on UFC cards instead of WEC?

1) Ban on knees to head of grounded opponents
2) Ban on 12-6 elbows
3) 10 point must system, it rewards lay n pray strategies

1. Jon Anik / Kenny Florian
2. 135 / 145 divisions in favor of 140
3. TUF

How do you expect non hardcore MMA fans to know who these guys are when they put them on UFC cards instead of WEC?

#1 contender fights, title fights, high profile fights could still be in the UFC

not being able to knee when a fighter keeps putting his hand on the ground and raising it back up

Only 1 TUF a year

Brazil cards full of squash matches

-Mike Goldberg
-Get rid of walk ins and play the silly hype video instead to cut time, there's no need for both.
-Overhaul their marketing

WMMA

Hand on floor = downed opponent

Eye pokes

1) Dana White - at this point he's becoming more of a hindrance to the sport. At the very least, let him take a more behind-the-scenes role and have someone more professional be the face of the company.

2) The current marketing direction that seems to be aiming the sport towards the "just bleed" meatheads who just want to see two guys "throwin bombs".

3) Accept the fact that people are going to free stream events regardless and rather than trying to punish them, try to reduce the reasons why they don't buy. Also, embrace people like Zombie Prophet who produce event/weigh-in gifs and highlight videos. Going after these people just results in pissed off fans.

1) Dana

Yeah , thank you for what you've done for the UFC and for the sport of MMA , but it's time for you to shut your mouth and dissapear. Stop talking trash about the fighters that made you who you are. Enough is enough.

tumblr_mjihflIOS51rokolpo1_250.gif

2)A billion UFC events per year. Less and more stacked cards are better than many and watered down cards.

3) The fucking over-advertising

" And he unleashes his 1-2 combo ... SPONSORED BY BUD LIGHT , HERE WE GO . He threw a total of 5 punches and 2 kicks .... SPONSORED BY METROPCS , OMG what a takedown , sponsored by RAM TRUCKS , GUTS GLORY RAM "

Jeez

1) Dana

Yeah , thank you for what you've done for the UFC and for the sport of MMA , but it's time for you to shut your mouth and dissapear. Enough is enough.

tumblr_mjihflIOS51rokolpo1_250.gif

2)A billion UFC events per year. Less and more stacked cards are better than many and watered down cards.

3) The fucking over-advertising

" And he unleashes his 1-2 combo ... SPONSORED BY BUD LIGHT , HERE WE GO . He threw a total of 5 punches and 2 kicks .... SPONSORED BY METROPCS , OMG what a takedown , sponsored by RAM TRUCKS , GUTS GLORY RAM "

Jeez

What, no "Corn Nuts, the only snack with kernels large enough to be in the Octagon" blurb?

1. Unified rules/ten point system
2. 3 round fights on main card, ie. prelims = 3 rnds, main card = 5 rnds. If this means shaving a main card fight fine by me.
3. less eye pokes, grion kicks, via strict one freebie/2nd offense + are point deductions

1 dana white. An unprofessional character whose frequent appearances make the ufc seem like the minor leagues
2 current music (nu-metal and that tale of the tape choir)
3. Some of the current rules. Takedown scoring should be rewamped for instance

Back