Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 99Silva, May 17, 2014.
That Ho Ha Ho Ha music is annoying as fuck!
Remember how Epic Pride's music was?
I agree. All of her competition has looked amateurish, even for female fighters.
They don't have a say on the robot thing, that's FOX.
As for me I agree with the music and will use both of my remaining spots for Clay Guida.
I'm surprised how many ppl are annoyed with the hand on the mat rule. If the get rid of that guys will just drop down to a knee. Is that so much better? This rule is from boxing, as when a boxers glove touches canvas its considered a knockdown (if it was from a punch of course)
1) they need to get rid of this "ok DC we won't match you against Cain because you are trianing partners/ friends BS"--- if you wantg to be in the top org you fight the other top guys, regardless of relationship
2) 24 hour prior weigh ins
3) current weight division format (too many IMO, go to 4 maybe 5)
B. T. Sport.
Anik isnt all that bad
Knee is better than hand because you have to be in a more compromising position to get the knee on the mat. You give up positional advantage by dropping to one knee. Where as fighters now can put all their weight back against the fence and touch a hand to the ground and they are somehow 'safe' even though in reality they are in an awful position and could easily be finished with knees.
The worst I've ever seen was when Benson Henderson had one FINGER touching the mat against Frankie Edgar. Edgar bashes his head with a knee and Benson looks up at the ref all mad and indicating he has a finger on the ground like that's supposed to mean jack shit.
It's stupid ass gamesmanship and nothing else
Rules against stomps and soccer kicks/knees to grounded opponents head
10 point system
10 point scoring system
No downward elbows rule
Lack of tournaments
Both these points are retarded.
Some dumb rules
1) PPV. It's an obsolete method which many can easily get around via streams. They're always talking about how they want to go to a major network, but in my opinion that too is obsolete. I'd love to see them stream through youtube with ads to compensate the lost PPV money.
2) N.A. Versions of TUF. The talent just isn't there anymore, give it some time off, then come back to it.
3) It's refusal to co-promote. Just do a damn show with Bellator or WSOF, they both have legit talents who I feel would do well in UFC.
1) they need to get rid of flat butt ring girls like the guy above said
2) hand =downed opponent
3) lack of tournaments.... Titles dnt mean shit until tournaments are added
Dana, The Fighters & The Octagon.
The rest can stay.
1) rigged ass matchmaking (some never get title shot although 20thousand win streak)
2) bad rankings
3) remove the same ol story concept with each TUF (can it be more entertaining for viewers, gotto learn about new fighters every season, must be a way)
1)The UFC Hall OF Fame
3)the system currently used to determine POTN. It should instead be driven by fan voting.
Separate names with a comma.