Name someone from your preferred political party who you don't particularly care for.

The irony is killing me.

Meh. You're just proving my point.

No , they are not ALWAYS mutually exclusive, but Im not surprised that you obliviously discount the possibility that the ability to accrue that 100 million had zero impact on her choice to " serve " the people.

She was going to be rich either way. She chose to do it in public service. It's fine to have disagreements about ideology, policy or tactics, but don't sink to the point that find yourself repeating ugly lies about a good person because of it.

You can hope someone doesn't win elections without pretending that they're some kind of monster. You're better than that.

I don't have a party but i suppose i'll go with who i voted for this last election to make this make sense, kathleen wynne is one of the worst politicians ever and has literally fucked my province almost as bad as Harris did. She needs to go. Can't wait to vote her out.

You can hope someone doesn't win elections without pretending that they're some kind of monster. You're better than that.
And you can hope that they win without having any illusions about their character. Well, maybe not you specifically

I don't have a party but i suppose i'll go with who i voted for this last election to make this make sense, kathleen wynne is one of the worst politicians ever and has literally fucked my province almost as bad as Harris did. She needs to go. Can't wait to vote her out.

She's gay. You can't oppose her.

Lying to Pat Smith was a honorable thing.

And Lindsey Graham is a loser.

And you can hope that they win without having any illusions about their character. Well, maybe not you specifically

Ugh. You're just digging deeper and deeper. No sense of honor.

I know right, quite the revelation. I'm pretty sure her entire platform was, "I'm gay."
I legitimately had no idea. I don't remember her platform at all because i voted in the other direction.

Meh. You're just proving my point.

She was going to be rich either way. She chose to do it in public service. It's fine to have disagreements about ideology, policy or tactics, but don't sink to the point that find yourself repeating ugly lies about a good person because of it.

You keep iterating that " good person " line, what's that based upon? How is she any different than an Eric Cantor or any other career politician that's made a fortune gaming the system and leveraging their influence? I won't call her a monster, she's likely just your average run of the mill type A sociopath/ego maniac that tends to rise to the top whether in business or politics.

Shes gay?

lol yeah.

its a testament to the values of the canadian election process -- she is an absolute train wreck of a premier (governor equivalent) but not once did anyone in the public sphere attack her on her sexuality during campaigns

But she is beyond terrible

You keep iterating that " good person " line, what's that based upon? How is she any different than an Eric Cantor or any other career politician that's made a fortune gaming the system and leveraging their influence?

I already answered the question. SCHIP alone is an incredible benefit to Americans. As Bill demonstrated, that kind of thing predates her political involvement (and motivated it). I'm not aware of Cantor having done anything similar, but I admit that there's a lot about him I don't know. Who do you think has benefited from his service and how?

You're screwing with me. She's the first openly-gay premiere.
Not at all. I don't pay attention to the private lives of people if i can avoid it, i look at the issues (of which she is failing). It's just unavoidable with people like Trump, Obama, Bush, Hillary etc. So because we get both media, and one is much more vocal, it tends to overbear it.

Back