Name some of your favorite ufc flops

Condit is not a flop hes just a decent fighter with amazing skills but thats where it ends. Im a huge fan for sure but hes 3-7 in his last 10 and its not like he was 40 when he started losing. He had a good career but honestly i think gsp fans have built up this fairy tale legacy of carlos condit to sell that win as a big one.

More recently, Gokhan Saki.

tumblr_pceu7crHRM1xxavtvo1_500.gifv

It actually makes their achievements even more meaningful (Fedor, Silva) since they didn't tuck their tails and run away at 32. Silva had the belt until 38 years old, GSP would have never had the belt at 38 if he stuck around. Hell he shouldn't have even had the belt when he ran away (Big Rig).

Even Fedor still shows great hand speed, even though it wasn't what it used to be.

wFhTtWF.gif
I agree. I love guys like that, although I sometimes wish they would have retired earlier.
I agree, I think someone like Anderson is made even more impressive by the fact that you can see just how damn good he is even at 45.

I agree. I love guys like that, although I sometimes wish they would have retired earlier.
I agree, I think someone like Anderson is made even more impressive by the fact that you can see just how damn good he is even at 45.
Exactly. I do agree that some of these guys should retire sooner like Silva and Fedor, but as you said, you can still see that they can compete at such an old age. Fedor still looked very explosive for his age at HW vs Rampage even though he should have been retired, same with Silva. Even them losing, still adds to their legacy to continue on in their old age. At least with Silva, you can see that he loves doing it. Fedor has that stoic look no matter the age, but I'm sure he loves it or he wouldn't be still doing it.

Back