Name some of your favorite ufc flops

Ben Askren. That was one I fucking KNEW it would happen.
Bro, he struggled against the only good fighter he faced in Bellator.

His 'demolition' of Aoki was his big win pre UFC, that likely have him the value to get bought out by UFC.

You can't be that one dimensional at the absolute elite. His UFC career proved that and then some.

Definitely not my "favorite" UFC flop, but Gomi needs to be mentioned here. He was well past his prime when he joined, but much more was expected of him. His most notable moment was that sick KO of Tyson Griffin. Very underwhelming, even when he fought mediocre competition.

Sean Gannon
Dave Terrell
This dude who called himself fang. I'm not even sure he made it to an actual event, I think he fought on a prelim that they showed on new years eve back when you could get 24 hours of UFC content on direct TV new years eve. Dude was a weight lifter with fang implants and styled himself a striker. He just ran straight at his opponent, and did nothing, got punched in the face and pulled guard for the rest of the fight.

I wasnt happy with Mirkos start then GG - literally- cop-ped CroCop.....and it was as bad as it gets. I was hoping the crocop was going to do some things.

Denis Kang at the top of list...... after hearing all the shit from mayhem, man- that was just sad.

Sadly, Cro Cop. He just won the grand prix, and then had a hard fight against fucking Eddie Sanchez, then got ironically high kicked by Gonzaga

But all time favorite flop is this
Rolles_Gracie_vs._Derrick_Mehmen.gif

Hard fight is a bit of a stretch, Eddie ran until he got smoked.

Lombard was an absolute destroyer before he joined the UFC.. not so much afterwards

Dude, come on. Fedor has been on a flop for about ten years now, and yet he is still one of your favourites?

I think that is a crappy attitude to have. Not everyone needs to have success and advancement for me to root for them.
It actually makes their achievements even more meaningful (Fedor, Silva) since they didn't tuck their tails and run away at 32. Silva had the belt until 38 years old, GSP would have never had the belt at 38 if he stuck around. Hell he shouldn't have even had the belt when he ran away (Big Rig).

Even Fedor still shows great hand speed, even though it wasn't what it used to be.

wFhTtWF.gif

Professor X got creamed a few times by mid tier talent.

Yeah, as a big Team Snake admirer during my stay in France, I was stocked when Xavier entered the UFC, especially since I had felt terrible rooting against him when he fought my man Murilo "Ninja" Rua in Cage Rage...

Oh well, at least Professor X ended up getting a great win in France in 2014 against Magomed Ismailov, [a beast of a freestyle wrestler, a combat Sambo world champion, and he also won a prestigious ARB tournament] who is a natural MW but TKO'd Aleksander Emelianenko in his latest fight, which was his first at HW.

Ok, Professor X got a bit of help from the refere during that fight, when he stood them up for the last time, and it was a very close fight, but it's still a good win.

I sure hope Magomed Ismailov gets a shot at one of the big leagues before he is too old for this shit; I'd love to see him fight some of the Bellator and UFC middleweights... not the top 5 guys obviously, but I think he could give a good show against some tough veterans or even fringe top 10 dudes for starter.

It actually makes their achievements even more meaningful (Fedor, Silva) since they didn't tuck their tails and run away at 32. Silva had the belt until 38 years old, GSP would have never had the belt at 38 if he stuck around.
Silva was juiced to the tits, though. <6> Fedor and GSP's natural decline is what happens when you're not roided out of your mind your whole career.

Retirering as a 2-division champ on a 13 wins streak who cleaned out the WW division = "he tuck his tail and ran away!!" <{CMPALM}>

Anderson fanboys are the worst. BJ Penn used to have the most laughable fanbase, but you guys are catching up.

People will get mad but Cro Cop is far and away the most obvious choice. He was fresh off winning the OWGP and then struggled in all of his ufc fights, even the wins.

People will get mad but Cro Cop is far and away the most obvious choice. He was fresh off winning the OWGP and then struggled in all of his ufc fights, even the wins.
Even against Eddie Sanchez? I posted the fight in one of my previous posts ITT, since a poster claimed that it had been a hard fight for Mirko...

And as a huge fan of The Hippo, that saddens me, but Mirko ran through Anthony Perosh in Australia.
I didn't want this bout to happen, no result could please me :( Crocop was supposed to fight Ben Rothwell, and trainied heavily with Ivan "Hydro" Hippolyte for this bout, so when it was announced that Ben was injured and he would instead fight The Hippo, I thought someone at Sherdog mixed the names/nicknames up and it was a typo...
Sadly, no.

Weidman's losing spree from Rockhold to Reyes.
Rockhold after he beat Weidman.

But my favorite was watching Alessio Sakara's run in the UFC. He flopped hard, but win or lose, his fights were really entertaining. Wanted to see him fight Lombard.

I honestly thought that Crocop was going to kill the entire hw division

Back