Name some new rock bands that actually play with some balls

Since you said you had metal covered already...

I'll recommend the Arctic Monkeys

Not new, but you've listened to the first three Strokes albums right?

Greta Van Fleet is amazing. Then you also have Highly Suspect, Black Pistol Fire, All Them Witches, Freedom Hawk... There is a shitload of good rock coming out constantly.
I am starting a new thread headlined by Greta VF. Come with me

Not new, but you've listened to the first three Strokes albums right?
No. I haven’t. That’s another band I’ve always meant to get into. I will check into them. Thanks mate.

Rival Sons is the best rock band on the planet at the moment. I bought tickets to see them last night in Vancouver in May, fucking stoked to go.

No. I haven’t. That’s another band I’ve always meant to get into. I will check into them. Thanks mate.
“is this it?” basically brought the giant garage rock revival/indie rock boom of the 00’s. the black keys, the vines, the hives, the killers, etc. basically all shot out of julian casablancas’ dick. or at least he’s the reason they all got major label deals.

I second Rival Sons. It’s hard to think of many other recent heavy rock bands that aren’t corny.

Little bit more bluesy and mellow but I quite like All Them Witches.

Pentagram - Black Sabbath-esque

This album (Be Forewarned) came out mid 90's but it's really good... they did stuff up into the 2010's i believe but I'm not familiar with the later stuff...

Banned Books - They don't really fit into a box but there are elements of rock leaning more toward experimental

Lukas Nelson - The son of Willie, some country rock that leans more towards country. Worth listening to anyway...

Check out Gary Clark Jr., The Record Company, Tedeschi/Trucks and White Denim.

The Sword " Warp Riders" and "Apocryphon" are two very cool transitional albums from a band that was early straight Sabbath doom metal leading to a, IMO, rather disappointing later sound. These two albums were their height for me. I wouldn't call them metal, and there is a shitton of southern elements that you seek.

This lead singer is either a troll or wackjob with a stupid sense of personal style, but I've dug a few songs. Retro, goes hard between garage and psychedelic

Back