Name some new rock bands that actually play with some balls

Langstarr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I haven’t heard any new rock bands with an edge in quite a while. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Most everything I hear is soft these days.

**I’ve got the metal bands covered.**

I’m looking more for bands in the vein of classic rock/southern rock/country rock. Doors, zeppelin, Jimi, deep purple, Zappa, skymyrd, Allman bros., etc.

These days I love Queens of the Stone Age, Beck, my morning jacket. But that’s about it as far as acts I go out of my way for. Nobody has wowed me in quite a while.

Last edited:
I know that it's not "rock" but this song is so badass to me. And there was a time when this video was played regularly on MTV...

I’ve already got the metal bases covered thanks fellas. Lookin for some down home rock and fucking roll. Seems to be extinct these days

I'm not sure if this is the rock and roll you're looking for

But it's all rock and roll to me

Power Trip!

Black Fast!

both thrashy but rockin!

How bout King Parrot?

*Edit: didn't read the post explaining not metal... well, maybe i'll think of something...

Last edited:
I know that it's not "rock" but this song is so badass to me. And there was a time when this video was played regularly on MTV...

I miss prime Morbid Angel.

not super new but these guys are nasty

no age might be a bit more accessible

Monster Truck has a good sound

These guys aren't super new, but they're the only band to begin after the millennium that I give a crap about.

There's a lot of Queen, AC/DC, and Cheap Trick in them, among other things.
This is one of their more over-the-top videos (which are the most fun, to me).

Power Trip!

Black Fast!

both thrashy but rockin!

How bout King Parrot?

*Edit: didn't read the post explaining not metal... well, maybe i'll think of something...

Props for King Parrot fuck yeah!

If you like Garage Rock stuff, I really enjoy Black Lips:

On the more psychedelic side, I really enjoy The Growlers (their most recent album was a bit too poppy for my tastes, however their older albums are awesome):

There is also a local band from my city that I really enjoy. Their live shows are insane, ripping keys off the piano and all that; they're called J Roddy Walston and The Business:

Last edited:
Back