Name One UFC Fighter Who Can Cut A Good Promo

& this ...

HRIIcno.png

lol...that t-shirt is great, very creatiive.

Considering you're the only person responding like this, I'd say plenty of people. Thanks for stopping by, though.

So you prefer promos and shit talking over their skills that you know, is what this sport is all about? Got it.

Who gives a shit about that, sure it can make things interesting but what i really want to see is their skills inside the octagon.

Most PPV buying fans, this is a sport based on personalities.

Humble skilled champs don't draw shit, just look at Mighty Mouse.

Im fucking baffled as to what you guys find so great about this guy.

"Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck. Im calling you out for Super bowl Sunday. ..but let's up the stakes. If I win you leave the division, if you win then ill leave the UFC forever" THIS is the trash talk king?
Is this 1980s WWF?? That was god awful.

Fighters should learn to stop thanking their trainers, Jesus, their family and the pizza guy during the post fight talk.

They should immediately call out a guy. Immediately. "Yeah that was a nice hook, we worked on that a lot, but Joe, you know when I was hitting him and he was going down, no disrespect, I was already thinking about Faber, because he's the gatekeeper, I'll say that again, the gatekeeper of the division, and if I want to fight Cruz I need to get through the gate. Thanks Joe and thanks to my team! Faber and Cruz, I'm coming for you!"

Then at the press conference they should be talking about their next fight. Then on Twitter they call somebody out.

None of this "I'll fight whoever the UFC wants me to fight" bullshit which is the last fucking thing Dana wants to hear.

A couple of dudes realize this, Conor, Cowboy, Sonnen, Bisping.

Lesnar is surprisingly charismatic, which is surprising considering WWE has Heyman do all the promos for him.

Actually you're right.

I always LOL'd at his ..... "I pulled the horseshoe out of Frank's ass.....and beat him over the head with it!!!"

"Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck. Im calling you out for Super bowl Sunday. ..but let's up the stakes. If I win you leave the division, if you win then ill leave the UFC forever" THIS is the trash talk king?

I wonder how many people know that the "you absolutely suck" line is direct ripoff of The Rock.

There's a reason he made a shit load of money and has a top 10 podcast.

He'd be nobody if he was a humble wrestling dude.

This guy STUDIES pro wrestling tape and learns from the best.

Try and cut a better promo against Silva, please write it.

I wonder how many people know that the "you absolutely suck" line is direct ripoff of The Rock.

And the Rock ripped off the previous generation and two of wrestlers. You know who coined "jabroni"?

And the Rock ripped off the previous generation and two of wrestlers. You know who coined "jabroni"?

I'm not bashing Chael for it, I'm just saying I wonder how many people actually know that.

And yes I'm very aware that The Rock didn't invent "jabroni", it's a play on 'jobber' that was around long before him.

I'll guess Iron Sheik.

Last edited:
There's a reason he made a shit load of money and has a top 10 podcast.

He'd be nobody if he was a humble wrestling dude.

This guy STUDIES pro wrestling tape and learns from the best.

Try and cut a better promo against Silva, please write it.
It is VERY obvious that he learned how to talk from watching WWF/E.
There's a lot of dumb people in the world that love a lot of dumb things. I'm not disputing his popularity or success, I'm just legit baffled by it. This stuff that Chael and Rothwell do "absolutely sucks".

I like the simplicity of Mark Hunt's "trash talk". "Hey, shucks. .ill play punch face with anybody". It's not fake. It's him.

I liked a lot of the stuff Jones was saying to DC. He was actually pretty eloquent when he had the sit down with DC and Rogan. It was real, and it was Jones, and it got me hyped to watch their fight.

"DC, every minute you spend training for this fight against me, will be a waste of your life"

DC:"I'm prepared to die to beat you."
Jon: "Okay. Be prepared to do that."
THAT IS GANGSTER. I watch MMA because I want to see a real fight. I don't need nor want it washed down with fake wrasslin trash talk.

Does the WWE have weight divisions now or something? How does the guy compete with the real wrestlers i cant imagine this guy even body slamming brock, does pro wrestler have a midget league or do they do 2 on 1 with the little guys or what?

A lot of his "great" trash talk is ripped off word for word from old wrestling promos. The guy is nowhere near as clever as he gets credit for.

Conor, Chael, Bisping and that's pretty much it. Even guys like Cowboy are usually quite bland in the hype up and aftermath

conor
chael
bisping

3 best/first to pop up for everyone i'd imagine.

Back