name ONE time Herb did an early stoppage...

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
... BUT the only rule is that it has to be with a clear marketing favorite at the receiving end of the early stoppage. So yeah, the opposite of Rousey/McMann.

Go ahead, I'll wait. We have enough time that someone should be able to get ONE example prior to the start of tonight's fight. I keep hearing he stops fights early because he is a bad ref so this should be easy.

For those who can't read the lines = The difference between "bad" and "corrupt company man" which are often confused. There's a reason certain parties call him the "best in the biz" and it is the same reason he is coaching tonight's fight which is critical for marketing purposes.

Fedor vs Hendo.

Fedor went limp and was face down, that is a perfectly acceptable time to stop the fight, it's not Herb's fault that while he was stepping in to stop it follow up shots woke Fedor back up.

The rules are if a fighter loses consciousness the fight is over, Fedor was out and woken back up.

I would say Renan vs Faber

Wasn't he the guy who took heat for the Ortiz/Shamrock stoppage?

tito-ortiz_ken-shamrock_2.gif

... BUT the only rule is that it has to be with a clear marketing favorite at the receiving end of the early stoppage. So yeah, the opposite of Rousey/McMann.

Go ahead, I'll wait. We have enough time that someone should be able to get ONE example prior to the start of tonight's fight. I keep hearing he stops fights early because he is a bad ref so this should be easy.

For those who can't read the lines = The difference between "bad" and "corrupt company man" which are often confused. There's a reason certain parties call him the "best in the biz" and it is the same reason he is coaching tonight's fight which is critical for marketing purposes.

Faber vs Barao 2.

I guess I miscommunicated.

Fedor vs Hendo is the prime example of the opposite (the marketing enemy). Big stretch to say Ortiz was NOT the marketing favorite so ummm... yeah... still looking for one example.

I would say Renan vs Faber
No Faber was definately themore marketable guy. Come on now..

Im too buzzed, and am watching fights. Im sure one of my fellow 6'5, 200 lb ripped genius sherbros will find one. This aint it tho.

Sry i misunderstood. Youre correct!

Barao was marketed as the #1 P4P by Dana. This is the closest thing but still Barao was the clear favorite IMO.

Barao doesn't even speak English, while Faber is a fan favorite. It's not even close. Aldo was marketed as P4P #1, but his PPV sales are/were hot garbage because a majority of paying customers(Americans) speak English. If a fighter cannot speak English, they aren't going to be marketable as anything worthwhile.

Barao was marketed as the #1 P4P by Dana. This is the closest thing (meaning Faber was also popular) but still Barao was the clear marketing favorite IMO.

No, not even close. The UFC has tried to get a title on Faber for as long as he's been there.

Barao doesn't even speak English, while Faber is a fan favorite. It's not even close. Aldo was marketed as P4P #1, but his PPV sales are/were hot garbage because a majority of paying customers(Americans) speak English. If a fighter cannot speak English, they aren't going to be marketable as anything worthwhile.
You sold me. I thought back about MM being marketed as #1 P4P and sometimes it is done more out of desperation to push a weak marketing person than it is to push a favorite son.

I'll concede this one then, thanks. Still think there's a pattern overall though.

Seems like you got an excuse/justification ready for every legit example listed.

Back