Name me one or two great MMA or real life crime books please

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
So I'm going to New Zealand in February, I don't read many books but the two books I've ever read, I enjoyed them - Inside the Firm told by a former Kray Twin employee and the Rocks autobiography.

I need a couple of books for when I'm there and I am bored on a beach or whatever.

Recently just purchased 'The Chicago Killer - The Hunt For Serial Killer John Wayne Gacy' for the holiday.

Preferably a really good MMA book or a real life crime book.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I've heard this one is good, will take a look.

You're very welcome. Its a great book. Lots of great behind the scenes stories from early UFC days.

Cheers.

Appreciate it, cheers guys.

TCE - for true crime, try 'Cannibal - The true story of the Maneater from Rotenberg'

It's a crazy story of the guy they call the real life Hannibal Lector.

Ok, who is the numb nuts that is deleting my posts? Explain yourself.

Ok, who is the numb nuts that is deleting my posts? Explain yourself.

I guess I'm the numb nuts.

Please drop your feud with MC Paul, or go to his front door or something. But not here.

TCE - for true crime, try 'Cannibal - The true story of the Maneater from Rotenberg'

It's a crazy story of the guy they call the real life Hannibal Lector.

Ideal. Cheers, man.

Love me some fucked up books haha.

I guess I'm the numb nuts.

Please drop your feud with MC Paul, or go to his front door or something. But not here.

It's not a fued. It's not like we're constantly arguing in every thread. I'm guessing it was you who deleted his entire thread too, which was completely unnecessary, and in which we could have resolved our "feud." I think you are way overstepping The intended effect your moderating this forum is supposed to have. And I really don't think anyone would disagree. Did you also delete my post in the jeopardy thread?

It's not a fued. It's not like we're constantly arguing in every thread. I'm guessing it was you who deleted his entire thread too, which was completely unnecessary, and in which we could have resolved our "feud." I think you are way overstepping The intended effect your moderating this forum is supposed to have. And I really don't think anyone would disagree. Did you also delete my post in the jeopardy thread?

Thanks for the reply.

All the best.

Total MMA is a great historical account of the beginnings of MMA, from its origins in Judo, to the creation of BJJ, up through Shooto, Pancrase, UFC, and Pride. A bit old now, believe it goes through to UFC buying Pride, but great read for any fan of old school NHB/MMA, for sure.

The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers is an enormous book that has a comprehensive who's who of murders. Includes serial killers from varying countries, through different eras of history.

I haven't read it but I am told Urinah Faber's book is good. Of course, I am told that by people in the heavies so take it for what it's worth.

I haven't read it but I am told Urinah Faber's book is good. Of course, I am told that by people in the heavies so take it for what it's worth.

I was disappointed in John McCarthys book. And while most found it funny, I didn't care much for Forrest Griffin's Survival book, the name of which is eluding me now.

I thought both were going to be good reads, but they fell short.

If you are a fan of The Wire and Homicide: Life on the Street than you will love David Simon's book "Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets". It's a 1991 nonfiction book written by David Simon describing the year of 1988 spent with detectives from the Baltimore Police Department Homicide Unit while working for the Baltimore Sun.

Homicide: Life on the Street was originally based on the book and the first two seasons have many characters and story lines lifted from the book. David Simon was a producer and writer on the show. Also the book was a huge inspiration for Simon himself creating the now classic The Wire.

I've the book a good three times already and I enjoyed it every single time. Its an eye opening, no holds barred account of the Baltimore police and especially the detectives unit and how they went about their day to day lives working in the inner city and the homicides they had to solve. What I like about it is the fact David Simon had full access to them and was able to report what he saw without anyone telling him what he could and couldn't put in the book. Definitely worth reading

As for serial killers, if you are fairly new to reading up on them, I suggest The Who, What, Where, How, and Why of the World’s Most Terrifying Murderers By Harold Schechter. Its a good overview of some of the worlds most notorious and infamous serial killers

I was disappointed in John McCarthys book. And while most found it funny, I didn't care much for Forrest Griffin's Survival book, the name of which is eluding me now.

I thought both were going to be good reads, but they fell short.

ive had that BJM book on my kindle for awhile but cant seem to power through it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back