Name Boxers with styles who would do well in MMA/UFC?

Julian Jackson

AjarNecessaryGreatargus-size_restricted.gif
Fuuuu... came in here to say Julian Jackson. PFP most power in combat sports eva.

MMA put a bigger emphasis on athleticism, so athletic and fit boxers should be advantaged.
Shawn Porter comes to mind, compact, durable as fuck, good all around athlete. Also has a very mma style in that he focused on pace and output over anything else.

Logan Paul probably does better in mma than he does in boxing.
Not sure if this was meant as a joke but they both have really good wrestling.
Have you seen the clip of Logan wrestling Costa. I was definitely impressed.

Floyd Mayweather. He's finished the biggest MMA star in Prime Conor McGregor, who was also the first champ champ.

James Tony had a pretty successful mma career. I mean world wrestling champ cm punk made more money, but it took him two fights to do so.

Not sure if this was meant as a joke but they both have really good wrestling.
Have you seen the clip of Logan wrestling Costa. I was definitely impressed.
No it's not a joke, Logan Paul is the better wrestler and Jake Paul is the better boxer. That's why I said Logan Paul would do better in mma than Jake Paul would.

Yeah I saw the clip, Logan Paul has legit wrestling and TDD. Even Jake Paul displays it in some of his boxing fights when they clinch up. But Logan Paul is the better wrestler between them, so I see him having more success overall in mma. Jake Paul is content with sticking to boxing and would only fight a striking based mma fighter if he were to fight an mma fight.

Wilder comes to mind, as he could easily make 205... and with his length and power, he'd be a force.

MMA definitely seems to favor tall, rangey fighters.
I feel like he's too weak in his lower body and could never develop good takedown defense

None. They’d get low kicked into having 0 punching power and then taken down and destroyed.

Worst styles would be a pressure Mexican style. They smother themselves too much and would play right into a trap from a wrestler or thai clinch fighter. I don't like the afro American philly shell style either, doesn't work well against kickers and the leg is exposed to single leg takedowns. I like the eastern European style of boxing for mma. It's more square and I feel like for boxing to be effective in MMA you need to be dangerous and effective in that range between grappling and kicking. Lot of kronk fighters had a good style for MMA too. I like the Cuban style of boxing for MMA too, but a lot of times it's not aggressive enough

Also they fail to realize that these are world class boxers they are talking about. Fighters in mma with less athletic ability and skill are able to learn TDD and kick defense - but they suddenly think it's impossible for world class boxers to learn that. They also tend to forget a bunch of amateur boxers became UFC champions.

Boxers would get blasted with kicks or taken down. They can learn the defense buts a weakness for them

Not really his boxing style but I saw Crawford rag dolling some poor Kazakhstani wrestler.

One of the best P4P boxers with some good wrestling could make big waves.

A lot would depend on matchmaking in fairness. Given the right matchup I think a lot of top tier boxers could do very well in the UFC/MMA.

Samart Payakaroon
Somrak Khamsing

All they need is training to defend takedowns, besides being boxers they were arguably the most skilled Muay Thai fighters of all time so kicks, knees, elbows, and clinching are no problem for them. Imagine trying to hit this guy, yeah, have fun with that.

MMA put a bigger emphasis on athleticism, so athletic and fit boxers should be advantaged.
if you have elite boxing skills you don't need to fight MMA, boxing makes more money.
images
images

Boxing fighters can be UFC world champions if they train MMA, But it's not worth the salary in MMA is Ridiculous compared to boxing.

Chris Algieri - Boxing, kickboxing, "Chinese Kenpo", wrestling background, and has trained with mma fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back