Name another fighter that retired in his prime on a loss?

emema

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
<{cruzshake}>

Either this is an early April fools joke or Conor is seriously shook from the Khabib mauling. I get it he’s rich and all but money didn’t stop other rich fighters from fighting. Something ain’t right.

Your mom...

Conor is just hurt because UFC won't give him a share of a multi-million dollar business. <45>

I'm sure all of those legends are biting Dana's ankles for a part of the UFC.

GSP
Chuck
Randy
Tito
Forrest
BJ
Hughes

Fuck those guys too, they built the fan base for over a decade.

Many many fighters have, usually it's a string of losses though not just one.

<{cruzshake}>

Either this is an early April fools joke or Conor is seriously shook from the Khabib mauling. I get it he’s rich and all but money didn’t stop other rich fighters from fighting. Something ain’t right.
What other fighter is as rich as him but I call this retirement is BS

Not sure about MMA, but in boxing Marvin Hagler comes to mind. He may have been a couple of years past his physical prime, but he was still very good. He retired after his first loss in 11 years. It's actually nice to see a fighter go out near the top instead of suffering a BJ Penn type decline...never mention all of the unneeded brain damage.

It's simple. After a loss UFC has the right to re-negotiate a contract.

Conor can't fight elsewhere. UFC has all the leverage, his only negotiation tactic is to threaten retirement, or fake retire.

It's not a real retirement.

He will be back.. This year or the next 3 or 5.. After he believes he can still win another free title fight again.. Donald had him shook.. He had to retire.

I don't think he will retire but if you think you dont have the will anymore or doubt you can beat the top its better to walk away and ask what if instead of coming to the brutal reality that he lost it, I personally still see him being competitive with many fighters at LW but at the same time his hunger might be gone.

Connor trying to follow in his idol Prince Naseem's footsteps. He retired around the same age and when he faced a formidable foe that beat him badly. I guess Connor will gain weight in a decade like Naseem

They can’t all be like GSP. In fact none of them can be like GSP.

30wphfo.jpg.gif

Not sure about MMA, but in boxing Marvin Hagler comes to mind. He may have been a couple of years past his physical prime, but he was still very good. He retired after his first loss in 11 years. It's actually nice to see a fighter go out near the top instead of suffering a BJ Penn type decline...never mention all of the unneeded brain damage.
of course, temporary retirements happened all the time as well.

Back