Name an award after a fighter and define the criteria to win it

Ben Askren Award:

Goes to the fighter with the greatest winning percentage to significant strikes landed ratio.

:eek:

The "I don't have CTE, I'm Jedi" award. Won by practicing jujitsu naked in a hot spring with another highly uncomfortable male fighter.

The "Praize JEESAWSE Gawt old dinosaur" award: awarded for having a career resurgence at 40 due to inhuman amounts of peds ala Vitor Belfort. Also requires a mohawk

The Weidman award: awarded to fighters who are ALWAYS "winning before they lost."

<StillMyBoy>

The Lobov award goes to the fighter with the best career resurgence.

The Faber award goes to the fighter who loses the most title fights.

The Rockhold-Dillashaw award goes to the fighter who suffered the most satisfying defeat.

Weidman Trophy-- given anytime a guy is still his father's boy after losing a fight

The Luke Rockhold Broken Jaw Award For those that talk shit and get beaten severely in their fight

The Gus I’m taking my ball and leaving my gloves in the ring award For fighters who after a loss just retire in the ring then two weeks later say just kidding

The Titos honor fighter dedication by recognizing fighters who train 3 days a week 4 days a week and 6 days a week 3 days a week

Holly Holm award for the fighter who is awarded a title shot every win they get.

The McNugget Award: Given to champions who never defended their belt.

I like it. They should hold an annual award ceremony, since no MMA playoffs. If they held a GP, they could give out trophies at the end of the tourney for most rounds faught, most strikes landed, fastest ko, best submission, etc.

Gaethje Trophy- most strikes absorbed
Pshh, more like Gaethje winning the Diego award :p

The Frederick C. Ettish Memorial Award:

Awarded annually to the fighter who has demonstrated that they should never have stepped foot in the cage.

It's nice to see original threads like these. Good job, TS.

The Fedora:
Awarded for becoming the greatest HW of all-time.

It's given out and then rescinded every other month.

The Jon Bones Jones award: Given to champions who were caught cheating.

The Diego Sanchez mean mug award. Can also be substituted for the Diaz Stockton scowl award.

The prestigious Hackney award. Given to the fighter who lands the most dick punches.

The Desmond Green body bag award. (criteria yet to be finalized because it is "too soon")

The Zombie Award

to a fighter that delivers a highlight ko in the fight after suffering a devastating ko

BJ Penn Award - fighter who racks up the most losses in a row without getting cut from the UFC

Mario Yamasaki Award - ref who has the latest stoppage or non-stoppage in a fight where one guy is getting brutally beaten to death

Cheick Kongo Award - most groin shots landed without getting a point deducted or disqualified

Back