Name A Wrestler You Disliked As A Kid & Adult

Most guys I hated as a kid I appreciate now.

I always hated Jeff Jarrett, but I think that was the point.

Most guys I hated as a kid I appreciate now.

I always hated Jeff Jarrett, but I think that was the point.
I talked about this in another thread how I hated Ernest “the cat” Miller as a kid but know I know he was a great heel. He was getting a lot heat from the crowds in WCW with his promos.

Jeff Jarrett was always the drizzling shits. I can't think of anyone from that era who made me change the channel quicker.
Seriously. I detested the guy so much, didnt even want to give him a chance and still really dont care when I watch back, and I especially hated him when he tried to revamp and be more likable in WCW and after. But, now with that addictive Reliving the Monday night wars youtube show (I cant believe I've been watching that for over a year) I have one outlet where I can appreciate Jarret from a safe distance, in essentially a HL reel with commentary from a dedicated fan of wrestling.

But other than that, I just couldnt see why ANYONE would book him so strongly, it never made sense. Channel changer for sure.

I resented and now I respect.

source.gif

GrimShockingAlbertosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Seriously. I detested the guy so much, didnt even want to give him a chance and still really dont care when I watch back, and I especially hated him when he tried to revamp and be more likable in WCW and after. But, now with that addictive Reliving the Monday night wars youtube show (I cant believe I've been watching that for over a year) I have one outlet where I can appreciate Jarret from a safe distance, in essentially a HL reel with commentary from a dedicated fan of wrestling.

But other than that, I just couldnt see why ANYONE would book him so strongly, it never made sense. Channel changer for sure.
I liked Jarrett, but no higher than IC/US level. Maybe pushing him a little higher so he could put top guys over, but I wouldn't have given him a world title unless there were loads of injuries.

Not even when Sgt Slaughter turned his back on America? Or against the high school kid that was banging his wife?
By that time I didn't give a shit about him at all.

Even the NWO stuff with him bored me.

Jeff Jarrett was always the drizzling shits. I can't think of anyone from that era who made me change the channel quicker.
My first memories of Jarrett was when Vince brought him in 94 and he got put in a program with Razor who was red hot at the time. And I remember thinking who the fuck is this dipshit? Then he goes and gets the better of his feud with Razor??!!

My first memories of Jarrett was when Vince brought him in 94 and he got put in a program with Razor who was red hot at the time. And I remember thinking who the fuck is this dipshit? Then he goes and gets the better of his feud with Razor??!!
I hated when Razor lost to 123 Kid and Vader, too.

Akeem. He was dreadful, he could barely do any of the moves, and his gimmick was so weird and doing this dance with his arms.. yeah I know thats not his fault the gimmick was given to him, but his actual in ring wrestling was so bad, he was beyond slow and would fall over in stages and he would do a few punches and a elbow drop and not much else. I don't know how he became a pro. He made it look really fake, because if someone did clothesline him.. he would look behind himself to see where he would fall and would fall overly so slowly.

I hated when Razor lost to 123 Kid and Vader, too.
I dont remember what happened with Vader but Razor was a heel when when lost to Waltman and it started his much needed face turn so I was ok with it.

I dont remember what happened with Vader but Razor was a heel when when lost to Waltman and it started his much needed face turn so I was ok with it.
Wrestlers Razor did the job for: Double J, Kid, Vader, Bulldog, Owen, you name it.

Back