Name a situation when you felt sorry for a fighter the most?

I know they are gladiators but at the same time they are people with emotions, what was the time you really felt sorry for fighter and why?

I wonder how soon some one will post crying DC

I don't like seeing Anderson at his age fighting...feel bad he can not let it go.

Dan Severn was kind of funny though. Fighting cans so he could have a long record to talk about...hahah. Probably did it for his grand kids.

It is rare for me to feel sorry because I know they are doing what they like. Fedor losing at an older age...I did not feel bad because he is doing what he likes.

Coleman bringing his kids crying was lame of him after Fedor beat him up..that was weird.

Its fighting...I only feel bad when you see someone like Anderson trying to hold on...any great fighter trying to hold on but being embarrassed ...I feel sorry for...Ken Shamrock is one but he is sort of a jerk so I did not care really. ...I felt sorry for Chuck and Anderson...

The end of almost every Forrest Griffin fight where he cries and/or runs out

Tony cause he should have had the belt somewhere in that win streak

Joe Lauzon whenever he loses cause he is one of my all-time favorites

I know they are gladiators but at the same time they are people with emotions, what was the time you really felt sorry for fighter and why?

I wonder how soon some one will post crying DC
In front of his hometown fans!
giphy.gif

Probably Condit after the Lawler fight, put it all out there on his 2nd shot at the title and had a very good case for the decision but didn't get it.
Mentally he was checked out after that fight. Post that dec he was saying "yeah this is most likely it". Better or for worse he gets paid a good amount of cash to just show up now.

Tony Ferguson.

Went on an amazing run where he fought all tough guys and put on amazing performance after amazing performance. Never got the big money fight with Khabib or Conor due to a number of reasons. And his career pretty much ended up dying in an empty gym with Dana and the UFC glad he lost to Justin.

Ben Askren. That was a humiliating KO, and the fact Masvidal didn’t let up and mocked him afterwards... yikes.

I felt sorry for Conor when Khabib refused to drink his whiskey in the press conference. That was really a lack of fair play from Khabib.

I felt really sorry when they put Khabib in the cage with Horcher. What a mismatch that was.

Rashad Evan's taling about how he lost the fire to fight in a backstage interview was one of the most depressing things I have ever seen.
That and BJ Penn breaking down and crying at a press conference

Anderson after the Diaz fight breaking down crying, damn shame he was roiding for that.

Cormier against Jones.

Not on the same level but Tills interview when he admitted to being scared to step in the cage, heart kinda went out to him in that moment.

DC after his second fight with Jones. I know he gets a lot of hate around but I felt genuinely bad for him. The reality set in for him that he isn’t the best when he really thought he was. Then add in the fact he was violently KO’d by his biggest nemesis after a long, bitter rivalry. Tough pill to swallow.

Joanna vs Zhang, she deserved the win imho, got a defeat and a forehead the size of a decent sized watermelon.

Back