Name a fighter who should switch weight classes.

colby at LW was my wet dream
i wanted to see him fighting conor, khabib, poirier and justin
imagine the chaos

1. Stipe is several inches taller than both, and already visibly thin.
2. That pic is Rampage after a cut. It has zero relevance.
3. Both Page and AJ are thick at 230-240. Stipe is rail-thin at 235, already.
4. It's closer to 30lbs. Stipe usually weighs in around 235lbs. And yes, cutting 10% of bw is a significant cut.
5. Just because it's possible, does not mean it's optimal. Stipe's age, size, wear-and-tear, and the fact that he's never competed outside of hw, all suggest it would be a I'll-advised.
>after a cut

its water weight you mook

he regains 30-35 lbs after lol

>after a cut

its water weight you mook

he regains 30-35 lbs after lol
Source? I would be shocked if anyone regains 35lbs of water weight within 24hrs of ceasing cutting.

Feel free to post all of the elite fighters, who are as lean as Stipe, who then proceed to cut 30lbs. I doubt you will, though, because I doubt they exist. Fighters cut to be as lean as Stipe is at 230.

I have no problem with being wrong, but your arguments are pretty flawed IMHO.

Source? I would be shocked if anyone regains 35lbs of water weight within 24hrs of ceasing cutting.

Feel free to post all of the elite fighters, who are as lean as Stipe, who then proceed to cut 30lbs. I doubt you will, though, because I doubt they exist. Fighters cut to be as lean as Stipe is at 230.

I have no problem with being wrong, but your arguments are pretty flawed IMHO.

1) he's said so himself, he said he is anywhere between 225 and 235, IIRC he usually walked around 230 before cut, and would get up to 250 before camps

2) Guys fight at 155 and cut from 190 which is much more %

3) nobody at HW cuts weight unless its to get below 265 you dummy

4) it's water weight, you can cut it

Nate Diaz would do great at 155 but he's too lazy/undisciplined to cut weight at this stage of his career

1) he's said so himself, he said he is anywhere between 225 and 235, IIRC he usually walked around 230 before cut, and would get up to 250 before camps

2) Guys fight at 155 and cut from 190 which is much more %

3) nobody at HW cuts weight unless its to get below 265 you dummy

4) it's water weight, you can cut it
Ok, so you agree Page isn’t 240 in the cage. ,and doesn’t rehydrate 35 lbs in a day, as you previously suggested. That’s a start.

Now I’m just waiting on you to cite examples of some fighters who are as lean as Stipe, who cut an additional 30 lbs.

Ok, so you agree Page isn’t 240 in the cage. ,and doesn’t rehydrate 35 lbs in a day, as you previously suggested. That’s a start.

Now I’m just waiting on you to cite examples of some fighters who are as lean as Stipe, who cut an additional 30 lbs.
Stipe isn't that lean lmao

Rampage probably rehydrates 20-25 lbs easily

“My walk around weight is at about 236-238lbs and at the time of the fight I think I’ll be around 231-233lbs. Even though I’m moving up a weight class I don’t want to add any unnecessary mass." - Gus

Same here.
But I remember that when Aldo ruled the FW division many folks insisted that he was a weight bully.
Fuck those people. "Weight Bully" isnt even a real thing.

I'd say Ferg should fight at 170 as well, maybe Tim Means or someone like that.

I think Nate should dabble back to 155 and try to use his clinch and grappling more and wear on those smaller guys.

Side note. Figgy vs Lineker at 125 or 135 would be fucking FIRE
Tony had a few kos at 170 early in his career if I remember correctly

I'd like to see Holloway move up to 155 permanently if he beats Volk and regains the belt.

If he moves up properly and adds muscle like Poirier did, he can do it safely. He just needs more pop behind his punches. He went 25 minutes with Poirier and had some very good moments even while losing. And that was short notice basically cutting a few less pounds.

At this point, if he regains the belt, who else is there to fight at 145 that he hasn't beaten badly...

Plus at 155 he might be able to get a rematch with McGregor which would be oh so nice.

This is it. A little more power and he's a serious problem. I don't know he regains the belt from Volks either. I just think it is one of those fights he doesn't win, one he SHOULD, but just doesn't.

This is it. A little more power and he's a serious problem. I don't know he regains the belt from Volks either. I just think it is one of those fights he doesn't win, one he SHOULD, but just doesn't.

He did much better in their second fight. He learned how to neutralize the leg kicks that gave him so much trouble in the first fight. He was piecing Volk up on the feet so much he started spamming takedowns. If Max can shore up his TDD more, it will be an interesting fight.

Back