Name a fighter who should switch weight classes.

Agree with Kattar and Ferguson.

Sean O'Malley should consider featherweight.
Kevin Lee has considered a move to WW.
I liked Weidman and Rockhold's move to LHW.
I did not like Jose Aldo's move to BW. :(
ETA: Gastelum to 170. He needs a stricter diet but tbh it physically should not be that tough.
FKL did go to WW. RDA submitted him and he's back at LW.

I'd like to see Holloway move up to 155 permanently if he beats Volk and regains the belt.

If he moves up properly and adds muscle like Poirier did, he can do it safely. He just needs more pop behind his punches. He went 25 minutes with Poirier and had some very good moments even while losing. And that was short notice basically cutting a few less pounds.

At this point, if he regains the belt, who else is there to fight at 145 that he hasn't beaten badly...

Plus at 155 he might be able to get a rematch with McGregor which would be oh so nice.

Conor McGregor might consider a move up to Middleweight for no other reason than he's utterly delusional, and factor in that he probably has actually considered it.

He no doubt thinks he could easily out-strike Adesanya because he might be insane at this point.

Costa to 205
Gastelum down to 170
Shane Burgos to 155

Cody Garbrandt down to 125 if that's not already locked in. I heard he was supposed to right Kai Kara France? That fight sounds fun as hell. Why tf is he called out TJ.

I think Bendo and Cowboy are wasting their time at WW, even if they're at the ends of their excellent careers and just having fun.

Gustafsson doesn't have the size for HW. I know it was just one showing against Werdum, but I don't see Gus getting past any decent HW. Maybe I could see him out-pointing like Justin Tafa, but I don't think HW Gus is even on Arlovski's current level.

Kanako Murata was clearly a weight class smaller than Virna Jandiroba during their fight. I understand Strawweight is the lightest division in the UFC, but hey if you're too small then you're too small. Go back to Invicta before you die.

Joanna should probably move to 125 or hell even 135. She big right now. Wouldn't mind seeing her fight Tate in her last UFC fight.
I don't know, Strawweight is fire right now. Rose 3 is a tough sell, but a rematch with Weili would be awesome, and if Carla Esparza beats Rose again and wins the title then Joanna has a good chance of being Joanna Champion again.

Someone who you think would do a lot better either up or down their current division.

I have a couple names.

Tony Ferguson, he should consider jumping up to welterweight he would be a dangerous fight for guys like Colby Nate and even Leon. Ik he’s up there in age and past his prime but I think he has just one more title run in him if he’s physically okay.

also Calvin Kattar he should consider jumping up to LW and seeing if he can make a mini run there.

I actually wouldn't mind Seeing Kattar jump to LW, but I doubt he will. Realistically if he starches a top guy in his next fight at FW, he'll be right back in a number one contender fight after that. It's hard to move up and start from the bottom in a new division when you're a top 5 guy in your current division, expecially when you only have another 2 years or so before you likelly start to physically decline due to age.

Last edited:
The last I heard, though, is that he's moving back up to WW. Had fight booked with Sean Brady.

WW is where he belongs, but I think he should start out by fighting a few unranked guys to build his confidence back at that weight.

Costa to 205
Gastelum down to 170
Shane Burgos to 155

Cody Garbrandt down to 125 if that's not already locked in. I heard he was supposed to right Kai Kara France? That fight sounds fun as hell. Why tf is he called out TJ.

Burgos should probably even consider moving to 170. I have no idea how he makes 145.

My boi Kelvin would be a problem at 170, he needs to chill out on the tacos. Deron Winn needs to be fighting at 155, he's gonna get smashed by any decent MW until he gets cut otherwise.

I think khabib and islam never moved up because they know they would get beat at WW by the elite. They cant just overpower a smaller guy at LW, they really kill themselves 155- definitely weight bullies.

Figuereido up to 135

Holloway to 155

Maybe paulo costa to 205

Gastelum to 170

Holland to 170

Gillespie to 145

U have Usman and the like at the top of WW who are definitely weight bullies also - Islam/Khabib would probably get owned if they tried to match tbh. Similarly if Usman went to MW Adesanya would be too big for him. Ideally everyone would be at their natural weight

I've seen arguments for Wonderboy moving up to 185 that I first dismissed as crazy talk and now they actually pique my interest...

IMO all fighters should change to their natural (in shape) weight.
Stop this asinine weight cut that nowadays serves nothing but added risks to fighters (since everyone is cutting weight).
Lets say we got all the signed fighters into a room, a large conference room, and they made a “hand-shake” deal and do themselves a favor and just fight at the the “in-shape” weights, how many of them assholes would cheat the very next fight? More than 1/2 easily.

FKL has chosen to stay at WW and get submitted again by Brady

Lets say we got all the signed fighters into a room, a large conference room, and they made a “hand-shake” deal and do themselves a favor and just fight at the the “in-shape” weights, how many of them assholes would cheat the very next fight? More than 1/2 easily.

FKL has chosen to stay at WW and get submitted again by Brady
Brady by submission in Rd 3 is a solid pick.

Joanna should probably move to 125 or hell even 135. She big right now. Wouldn't mind seeing her fight Tate in her last UFC fight.
Joanna wants to be the best. She cant be the best at 125 or 135. She is too small.

TS’s mother.

Jk I’d probably say Fig, that weight cut probably destroys him

Someone who you think would do a lot better either up or down their current division.

I have a couple names.

Tony Ferguson, he should consider jumping up to welterweight he would be a dangerous fight for guys like Colby Nate and even Leon. Ik he’s up there in age and past his prime but I think he has just one more title run in him if he’s physically okay.

also Calvin Kattar he should consider jumping up to LW and seeing if he can make a mini run there.
Ferguson is now getting physically manhandled at LW, he'd get ground to dust by the much stronger WWs.

Back